Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I'm the proud owner of a new Marlin 1895G. And while it's not the first lever-action rifle I've owned (I also have 2 Winchester Model 94 .30-30), it is my first Marlin.
I decided to pick this one up since Ohio has opened up deer hunting gun season to using rifles using non-necked cartridges. And in my readings, the preferred cartridge seemed to be the .45-70 Gov't. That left me a few options, but the price point on the 1895G, as well as some good reviews, put this rifle in my hands!

So now it's time to start accessorizing and personalizing. A quick Google search put me in touch with this forum, and I LOVE owner forums! Because who better to chat with and get ideas from than others that have, "been there and done that".

Regards,
Jackyl71

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jacky, lot's of good people here

Reactions: GrumpyBear

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Howdy from SouthEast Alaska!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Hey Jack - welcome to MO from Highland County (have lived in Columbiana and Mahoning Counties so am familiar with some of NE Ohio). You will love that .45/70; after years of whacking Ohio deer with many types of muzzleloaders, the "Old Warhorse" is a hoot to hunt with! If you're looking to accessorize, a good place to start is an after-market recoil pad. My 1895 sports a Limbsaver.

·
Premium Member
11,264 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western, Pa.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy your new rifle...

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts