Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After too many years without a Marlin, I received one for my birthday last month from my awesome wife. Been shooting/hunting for almost 60 years and had a couple of Marlins early on but, sadly, they were sold in the interest of raising a family. I've run the gamut of firearms including every type of action and pretty much every combination there is but I've wanted another Marlin for a loooooong time and it had to be 45/70. The one I received is the 1895G and it's been a joy to shoot so far. I've had no instances of malfunctions or quality problems so I think she's a keeper. Bought some Hornady 325FTX when I got the gun and will be trying some different loads soon. Put a Nikon 2-7 Prostaff on it since the old eyes need all the help they can get. Been reading a lot here and there seems to be an unlimited amount of knowledge about the Marlin firearms.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome from Everett WA. My story is similar to yours. Family and my job kept me away for 35 years , now I am retired and my son in law got me a model 60 it is a .22 but shoots very nicely and keeps me from driving the wife bonkers. Anyway lots of nice folks and info here.

Reactions: Punkin Chunkin

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! We're glad you've joined us! John

·
Administrator
28,320 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners. Wow, what a wife. You got a keeper with her.

Congrats on your new Marlin. Kind of weird how as we age we desire older cartridges and firearm platforms. Although, I have never been without my lever rifles since I was a teen.

Glad to have you aboard Punkin Chunkin.

Jack

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey PC,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome from the high plains of Colorado. Enjoy that new rifle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to Marlin Owners. Wow, what a wife. You got a keeper with her.

Congrats on your new Marlin. Kind of weird how as we age we desire older cartridges and firearm platforms. Although, I have never been without my lever rifles since I was a teen.

Glad to have you aboard Punkin Chunkin.

Jack
She is definitely a keeper and I'm one lucky guy.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Welcome from western Washington, just outside the big mountain.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy that new rifle...

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Fine rifle and round. Welcome to all things Marlin from Anchorage near Alaska.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts