Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on this forum and the other night my first Marlin followed me home. It's a model 1895 45-70 that I will be using to hunt Ohio deer this year. I have been using my Contender in 44 mag or 357 max for many years but it will be nice to use a rifle for a change. My 1895 is a new Remlin but the wood has some nice figuring and color and the fit is good. The trigger pull is ok, the action is a little rough but nothing I can't fix with my dremel tool. (just kidding). Right now I am planning to use an Inline muzzle loader scope on it but have also thought about some sort of red dot. I am open to suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Welcome from Texas. The 45-70 is a lot of fun to shoot. Make sure you plenty of eye clearance on it. :)

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks of Arkansas

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the reason I was thinking about the inline scope, lots of eye relief. 45-70 is fun to shoot many years ago I had a trap door carbine made by H&R that would kill on both ends.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Super Moderator
16,613 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
That's the reason I was thinking about the inline scope, lots of eye relief. 45-70 is fun to shoot many years ago I had a trap door carbine made by H&R that would kill on both ends.
Welcome from NE Indiana and congrats on being a new Marlin owner. My wife learned to shoot ML with a H&R muzzle loading version of the trapdoor. It still had all the notches in the tumbler the trapdoor had. Nice gun to shoot but the lockwas way to much for that weight rifle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.