Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new firing pin for my 39TDS a couple of weeks ago hoping this was going to fix my ftf issues.
I was a bit dismayed when I was told the postage was going to be £8.50
It took longer to arrive than expected, but then I found out it was coming from America (I am in UK). I guessed that explained the cost.
When it arrived I couldn't believe the size of the parcel.
Not sure about the eco friendly claims of the packaging material either.

Didn't cure the ftf either :(

The new pin had the nipple on it as described in other posts but it doesn't work all the same.
On measuring the two pins the old one was .8mm longer than the new one so I set about it with a fine file.
It is better but still ftf's at least 1 in 10, sometimes more. Only had one that didn't fire when hammer was recocked. This is with RWS and Winchester subsonics, the Winchesters are the better of the two.
Going to try some hi velocity rounds at the weekend in a last ditch attempt to get it working.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is with the rebounding hammer. At least I think the fact it has the crossbolt safety means it is.
How do I ditch it and get the old style?
I will admit to not knowing what the difference is or where to find out. I have read about it on here but I am still not sure how to go about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I have now done a lot more reading and now know where the rebound strut is and what a half cock notch should look like.
I will have a bit of a fiddle tomorrow and see if I can improve it a little more.
I'm now concerned that messing with the rebound strut is going to cause fte problems as I don't have any of those at the moment.
Of all the problems folk seem to have mine are only the not going bang when supposed to kind. It cyles and ejects just fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Played with the rebound strut and appear to have cured the ftf issues, but as expected it is at the expense of fte.
I can't figure out why should this be.
Anyway, if i have to put up with one or the other I prefer it to fire when I want it to.
I'm trying hard to like this gun but it isn't coming easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts