Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got to thinking about a thread about a 32 extra special that would use a 307 case to boost preformance< I also remamber reading on here about a 270 marlin express, is what would have came out if Marlin would have never sold to Remington of cource any prototypes remington would still have,

as Americans we have our favorite bullet diamiters .308 is tops with all various 300s and 300 wildcats run rampid the 30-30 and 30-06 have a hole lot to do with that,
27 cal is a favotite but has less wilcats and factory cartridges than the 6.5 witch hangs on cuz of its high BC and SD and generaly low recoil we really do not need any more cartriges!!
but they sell guns and keep article writers employed and spark intrest in shooters, chime in and tell me how do yall think the people would react if REM reapeats it self and realised a .264 MX and 358 MX to complete the MX fam!

remeber the 6.5 and 350 rem mags, the 264,or 6.5 mm offers low recoil long range the 35 cal is one of the most efficient in generating energy with each grain of powder burned I think rem knew that thats why they made the first true short mags< that other than having a belt are more useful than the new ones My opinion! but both calls arent at the top of Americas faves just have there own cult followings, I love my 260 rem and 35 rem :biggrin: even if it sounds laim to you I would like to know why chime in like (the 35 rem advatage tread) LOL!

·
Administrator
23,804 Posts
To start with I would like to see them produce a complete line of MX cals from 22 to .375 the MX case is plenty for all of them.

Far as wildcatting the levergun cases the 30-30 reigns supreme in an AI form for wildcatting, many were done to the TC Contenders for metallic shooting.

I had a 7mm International rimmed 30-30AI necked down to 7mm, I know they made them in .270 and 6.5mm also using both 30-30AI cases and .223AI cases.

Marlin has made a few prototypes in the past and never marketed them including a .223 and 250/3000 or 250 Savage.

Make a wildcat and publish the results here on Marlin Owners, Rem has members on this forum. If your results come out favorable they will perk interests elsewhere.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like what I see so far!! Did not know Remington has members that peak at whats going on in here they need to read all the remlin_gremlin treads, and get to making it right !also a modle seven in 35 rem that you dont have to order from the costom shop would be great:shot: might I also add I guess hornady would have to make a 264 cal flex tip for the 264 MX and add a 225 or 250 gr flex tip for the 358 MX, thax folks lets hear more!

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I agree with ya Swany, I think the 338 case would work great for a whole line of cartridges for Marlin. Starting with 7mm and 25 cal. We already have FP's in those calibers and putting a flextip on Hornady's 139 gr BT would be great for a 7mmMXLR/MX. Then the 25 cal. would be a real mover. But, with the 338 performing so well, I just want to see it continue and grow. DP

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dpe.ahoy I agree with ya on wanting to see the 338 MX keep growing it is a well thought out usefull cartridge, like I said gun nuts seem to have an apitite for new exiting calibers, but I don't like it when the new kids kill old classics like the 243 did to the 250 savage

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
we really do not need any more cartriges!!

even if it sounds laim to you I would like to know why chime in like (the 35 rem advatage tread) LOL!
We need all of the cartridges they can come up with.

I would really like to see Remington come out with a good rifle in .308 ME, .32 Special .338 ME, .444 Marlin and .450 Marlin. I say this because they have all been dropped and are dead in the water.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really I did not think that they would drop the 444 and the Marlin expesses I hope the 35 ain't next so a 30 30 and 45_70 is the only options we have left! is the AR 15 craze taking away interests in lever guns and calibers ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts