Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with that company and their ammo? I don't recall ever hearing of them before.

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I have used their pistol ammo here and there for a while.

I think their trade secrets are close to RCBD http://www.rbcd.net/ because I got a call from a Dept of Defense investigator
on the subject of their manufacturing process.

Some of this ammo (223) was outlawed because of a nasty Blackwater kill I read about in the Army Times. The perp got shot in the ass
and it destroyed his insides killing him instantly.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
I shot some in a .380 and .45 auto; very accurate, reliable. I have used MafSafe for years though, so I lean toward it. Only problem for a 30-30 is using it on what you want to eat,ha. If I used a 30-30 for home defense though, this would be excellent; just keep the box for the lawyers to see that you didn't "load your own killer rounds". I "would" like to see it hit a coyote or a big rock chuck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sounds like maybe I should try out some of their .380 in the wife's purty pink ruger lcp

·
Registered
480 Posts
Some of this ammo (223) was outlawed because of a nasty Blackwater kill I read about in the Army Times. The perp got shot in the ass
and it destroyed his insides killing him instantly.
[/quote]

Isn't that called a Texas Heart Shot. Isn't that the point of shootin' someone?

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand your point as does the shooter and the manufacturer. It caused a controversy though.

If you navigate RCBD's page until you find the ballistic energies, you'll be dumbfounded.
http://www.rbcd.net/Personal Defense- Ammo.htm

All this 30-30 attention is awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
For $37.58 a box, they can keep it ::) I can buy 2 boxes of Core-Lokts or Winchesters for that price ;)

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it will actualy cost that much but the exciting thing is how many choices there are for a 30-30 these days

You have LeverE 140gr, LeverE 160gr, Extreme shock, Winchester 150 PP, 150 PMax, 150 JHP, win 170gr, win 150 & 170 Silverip, Rem in both grains, Buffalo Bore, three federals, several hornady's, a private manufacture of 55gr accelerators, and more ;D

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
LuckenbachTexas said:
I don't think it will actualy cost that much but the exciting thing is how many choices there are for a 30-30 these days

You have LeverE 140gr, LeverE 160gr, Extreme shock, Winchester 150 PP, 150 PMax, 150 JHP, win 170gr, win 150 & 170 Silverip, Rem in both grains, Buffalo Bore, three federals, several hornady's, a private manufacture of 55gr accelerators, and more ;D
Yessir, I agree... now if the ammo co's would do that for the .35Rem :eek:

·
Registered
978 Posts
LuckenbachTexas said:
I understand your point as does the shooter and the manufacturer. It caused a controversy though.

If you navigate RCBD's page until you find the ballistic energies, you'll be dumbfounded.
http://www.rbcd.net/Personal Defense- Ammo.htm

All this 30-30 attention is awesome.
45 grain projectile going 1835 fps for the .380, sounds like they left out the lead core and just loaded the jacket. Probably a good warm weather round, but I bet a thick winter coat would stop it.

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Yessir, I agree... now if the ammo co's would do that for the .35Rem"

I will say this about that, I think Hornady did the 35 pretty good justice with the Leversolution round and Buffalo Bore's 220gr
rounds out the selection. It was a very tall order improving on performance perfection. I personally feel between those two rounds anything larger than deer will fall.

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
LuckenbachTexas said:
"Yessir, I agree... now if the ammo co's would do that for the .35Rem"

I will say this about that, I think Hornady did the 35 pretty good justice with the Leversolution round and Buffalo Bore's 220gr
rounds out the selection. It was a very tall order improving on performance perfection. I personally feel between those two rounds anything larger than deer will fall.
Yessir... It would be nice if the availability of .35 ammo was consistant.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
While I like having a lot of ammo options, I also find it hard to believe the claims on that link for Extreme Shock. I mean, really, a 1 ton water buffalo with a 7.62x39?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts