Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set the trail cam up on a plateau that is promising for deer. The cam helps me determine, numbers, movement, size and times so we can narrow it down a bit...anyway that's the plan. The first picture is the cam set up with the solar panel and car battery and the second is the plateau with cam looking across it on the left. I'll check it next week and post any pictures of giant deer! :creep::creep:

DSC_0014.jpg DSC_0015.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checked it today, curses! Nothing of any consequence on the camera. Still I'm confident there are deer about. I moved the cam 30 deg down hill, I'll leave it another week. In the mean time I replaced the lower shock bushes on the Hilux so at least I don't feel like I'm flogging the s&%$ out of the truck every time I go up there. Here is a picture of my beloved 1992 long wheel base single cabin Hilux. Fitted with every ham radio known to mankind and a US made Hi-Q military antenna on the back.
DSC_0012.jpg

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Looking good there Ozlife !! I am going to set my trailcam up shortly too I am hoping to see what Deer are about North of Gympie, I shot some red deer 2 months back and there are Fallow, Chittal and a few other types skulking about .... Your truck look set up for the trip up North ! Good Luck and have a great trip. I am going to South Africa for a hunt in 2 weeks ...

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I should have put my trail cam up but its at my boys house and I have been lazy. I have a buck hanging out by my blind and he has two ground scrapes about the size of a washtub about 40 yards from my blind and 2 fresh rubs. At least I would have known if he is big or small. My guess is small.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts