Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Daniel Defense DDM4V1 from a member on the M14 forums, and the rifle is sweet! The Daniel Defense line is super nice, and I am ecstatic about my new carbine.

Now who wants to send me some ammo? :flute:

As for upgrades/accesories, I have an Eotech 512 on it, a magpul single and double point sling and I am putting a RRA 2 stage trigger in it.

I will also probably pick up a larue Eotech riser, and will be putting a Magpul MOE grip on it.

dd.JPG me.JPG

Yes that is me in my pajamas.

Yes my wife thought it was ridiculous me asking her to take my picture.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*cough* *cough* *Giessele SSA-E* *cough*

Oh, excuse me. Little bit of a cough there.
I have heard those triggers are nice, but for less than half the cost I have always liked the RRA.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
*cough* *cough* *Giessele SSA-E* *cough*

Oh, excuse me. Little bit of a cough there.
A regular on AR15.com I see?

Yeah, that Giessele trigger is sweet.

Dirty Harry, very very nice AR variant. You bought that from Mrp010, correct? I was following that - you got a good deal. I almost bought one from him one time last year not long after he first joined. I've been a member over there for ten years. Good crew over there.

So when you gonna step-up and put an M1a in your safe?

PS: Good luck finding ammo at a decent price right now. It's out there, but you gotta have cash-on-hand and be ready to pounce when you come-across it, trust me.

ETA: BTW, that EOTech, the 512 is a good one (5.56 BDC). You'll need to practice a lot to get used to it though - and you gotta learnto trust it. I run EOTechs on my SIGs and my M4 and they are great holographics when operated with NVDs, but be sure to arrow them down or either keep some extra 123s handy in your box.

Did you serve with an EOTech by chance? If so, then you already know about how much practice it takes with the holographs.

I like the ACOGs on the 5.56 carbines. If you ever second guess the EOTechs, and a lot of people never do, but if you do, give the ACOG a try.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Never been on there. An Allen cop told me to get one. I was thinking RRA, CMC or Timney, but he told me that the RRA's wear out quickly. Maybe they wear out quickly if you're a cop that shoots often, I don't know.
You can't beat the Giessele, and yeah, it's all they hype on AR15.

I like Timney a lot. I just don't see one of those wearing-out ... RRA and CMC, I'm not crazy about either of those speaking from experience.

Cops don't shoot that often. They really don't. They're as short on ammo as we are these days I think.

Giessele is the GOAT though, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A regular on AR15.com I see?

Yeah, that Giessele trigger is sweet.

Dirty Harry, very very nice AR variant. You bought that from Mrp010, correct? I was following that - you got a good deal. I almost bought one from him one time last year not long after he first joined. I've been a member over there for ten years. Good crew over there.

So when you gonna step-up and put an M1a in your safe?

PS: Good luck finding ammo at a decent price right now. It's out there, but you gotta have cash-on-hand and be ready to pounce when you come-across it, trust me.

ETA: BTW, that EOTech, the 512 is a good one (5.56 BDC). You'll need to practice a lot to get used to it though - and you gotta learnto trust it. I run EOTechs on my SIGs and my M4 and they are great holographics when operated with NVDs, but be sure to arrow them down or either keep some extra 123s handy in your box.

Did you serve with an EOTech by chance? If so, then you already know about how much practice it takes with the holographs.

I like the ACOGs on the 5.56 carbines. If you ever second guess the EOTechs, and a lot of people never do, but if you do, give the ACOG a try.

Gallo

Yes I bought it from MRP. Good guy, easy to work with.

The 512 doesnt have the BDC. I had it on my previous AR, and another before it and have experience with it.

I have put lots of rounds down range with an Eotech, and love the 1 MOA dot vs an aimpoint.

I have not served, sorry to say.

Who says I dont have an M1A? Its my first love! My favorite rifle by far!

photo.jpg

Reactions: Gallo Pazzesco

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, I would love an Acog. $900+ is hard to swallow though.

Reactions: Gallo Pazzesco

·
Premium Member
16,807 Posts
Hey Dirty Harry,

Good for you!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Dirty_Harry

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
This particular guy is their range instructor. I think he spends all his time at their range. Maybe he shoots more than others.

I've never tried other trigger types, just the stock trigger which was a ridiculous 7.5 lbs and the Giessele. The Giessele is nicer, that's for sure. It measures out at 3 1/2 lbs total.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I don't own a DD but I heard they are great rifles!!! I have the S&W M&P 15 a and I love it!!!! I would donate some ammo to ya but I enjoy shootin it too much!!!!

Reactions: Dirty_Harry

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Gallo

Yes I bought it from MRP. Good guy, easy to work with.

The 512 doesnt have the BDC. I had it on my previous AR, and another before it and have experience with it.

I have put lots of rounds down range with an Eotech, and love the 1 MOA dot vs an aimpoint.

I have not served, sorry to say.

Who says I dont have an M1A? Its my first love! My favorite rifle by far!

View attachment 97585
Nice! I've got a couple myself ... for when nothing but 7.62 x 51 will do. Turns cover into concealment quicker than just about anything else a man can comfortably carry short of hand grenades.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What models you have Gallo? I really the bottom one!

That Benelli is pretty sweet too!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got to shoot her, very easy to dial in the Iron sights and Eotech. Only took it out to 50 yards though as I ran out of time.

Very nice shooting rifle, it just "feels" better than some of my previous AR-15's.

One thing I have decided to do though is get a riser for the EOtech. I know Larue makes one and I will probably buy it, but you guys have any other suggestions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts