Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my tonsils out on the 28th of January and decided to buy myself a get well gift. I went with the Pepper Laminate. It feels great and shoulders soooo much better than the factory plastic.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I see that your cocking indicator is red. I hope that is from working the bolt and there are no live rounds in the mag.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just from putting the bolt back in when getting the new stock put on. And no...it's not loaded.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
That looks even nicer than the nutmeg laminate...now if only someone would get a walnut one and post pics. Congrats on the really nice stock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
MarlinXL7 said:
That looks even nicer than the nutmeg laminate...now if only someone would get a walnut one and post pics. Congrats on the really nice stock.
I ordered one in walnut the day after they were listed on Boyds, but I haven't received it yet. Will post pictures once I've got it!

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Good looking stock, how much do they cost?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Adam---- Is that a Caldwell XLA bipod on that rifle? It looks really sturdy and well built, but it also looks heavy. How do you like it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is the XLA. I love it and its amazingly sturdy. I have a buddy who has the Harris and I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
That's a good price, thanks. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Excellent looking setup.

I had planned on getting a Dakota in Nutmeg for my .06, but after mulling it over and then seeing yours again, I've just ordered a peppered instead. Hope you don't mind the copycat. ;)

The black/grey in the stock goes great with the scope/barrel/pod to create a stealthy theme.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Dakota (or "Prairie Hunter" as they are now calling it) in walnut FINALLY came in today. Apparently they made all the laminate ones first, because I ordered it in January and they kept telling me it was delayed. But man oh man it was worth the wait!!! ;D What a beautiful piece of walnut!
I took a couple of quick snapshots with my phone and then took it straight in to get it glass-bedded. Will take some better pics once I get it back.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Very nice! 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
386 Posts
dakotasnow44 said:
My Dakota (or "Prairie Hunter" as they are now calling it) in walnut FINALLY came in today. Apparently they made all the laminate ones first, because I ordered it in January and they kept telling me it was delayed. But man oh man it was worth the wait!!! ;D What a beautiful piece of walnut!
I took a couple of quick snapshots with my phone and then took it straight in to get it glass-bedded. Will take some better pics once I get it back.
Ahhh I'm on the fence with this one! I kinda want the Walnut but I'd really like one in the forest camo; but they don't make one in forest camo :'( . I just keep hoping they will make it though. Please put up more pics when you get her all dressed back up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
grout-scout said:
Ahhh I'm on the fence with this one! I kinda want the Walnut but I'd really like one in the forest camo; but they don't make one in forest camo :'( . I just keep hoping they will make it though. Please put up more pics when you get her all dressed back up!
I like the forest camo too, and if they offer that it would've been a tough decision. But the nice thing about the walnut is how light it is--couldn't believe it. And did I mention it's NICE! Makes the rifle look a lot more expensive...now I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to cry the first time I put a good scratch/ding in it! LOL ::)
I'm out of town for the next few days but I plan on taking more pictures once I get home.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts