Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
photo.JPG

I finally received the base and rings from Conetrol. Absolutely beautiful! No chance yet to zero the 4 power scope yet, but I'm really eager to get to the range.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I finally received the base and rings from Conetrol. Absolutely beautiful! No chance yet to zero the 4 power scope yet, but I'm really eager to get to the range.
That is a good looking set up! I think your are only the second 39a I have heard mounting that system. Which finish did you end up with (Huntur/Gunnur/Custum) and what ring height?

Also, how do the ring mounts work for aligning the scope to the axis of the bore? I stumbled across Conetrol looking for solutions to mount a scope on a rifle with the receiver scope mounting holes drilled slightly off axis. I seem to recall that each ring mount was adjustable to align the scope to the bore axis ... not only could the rings move for wind age, but also angle to keep from bending the scope tube. Conetrol's website is a little hard to follow and I can't recall where I saw it, or if I am even remembering it correctly.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Conetrol has been around for many years and has always produced quality products.

Reactions: Grunt69

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a good looking set up! I think your are only the second 39a I have heard mounting that system. Which finish did you end up with (Huntur/Gunnur/Custum) and what ring height?

Also, how do the ring mounts work for aligning the scope to the axis of the bore? I stumbled across Conetrol looking for solutions to mount a scope on a rifle with the receiver scope mounting holes drilled slightly off axis. I seem to recall that each ring mount was adjustable to align the scope to the bore axis ... not only could the rings move for wind age, but also angle to keep from bending the scope tube. Conetrol's website is a little hard to follow and I can't recall where I saw it, or if I am even remembering it correctly.
I have the Custom rings and base. Yes, you are correct that each ring can be adjusted laterally by set screws in the side of the base to align the scope with the barrel. It's a beautiful set up and they fit she scope like a glove. The ring height is "medium". That works with the hammer, but just barely. I wanted low rings, but George advised that the medium would probably be necessary because of the hammer clearance. He was right on the money. I have a hammer spur coming now--should get here today.

Reactions: JeffWarner

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the Custom rings and base. Yes, you are correct that each ring can be adjusted laterally by set screws in the side of the base to align the scope with the barrel. It's a beautiful set up and they fit she scope like a glove. The ring height is "medium". That works with the hammer, but just barely. I wanted low rings, but George advised that the medium would probably be necessary because of the hammer clearance. He was right on the money. I have a hammer spur coming now--should get here today.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad that I found this as I am dusting off a 39M from the late 60's that used to be dad's and want to put a nice scope and mounts on it (still has a vintage 3/4" tube El Paso, Texas Weaver from the day). Conetrol is really classy on a nice rifle. George passed away and his heirs run Conetrol now and redid the website. I will always remember how generous George was with his time on the phone, even towards the end - a real gentleman from Seguin, Texas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts