Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Camp 9 home yesterday; 1988 appears to have never been fired. I replaced buffer and put in 16.5 lb spring; buffer was original and didn't have a mark on it. when I removed it it broke into 4 or 5 pieces. Maybe it's because of my age but it takes a bit to pull bolt back; I'm hoping it will cycle all right. camp9.jpg

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,321 Posts
The 16.5 lb spring is heavy, yes, I bought a PowerCustom extended charging handle from MidwayUSA and it helps alot. They're pricey though.
Looking at the part, and considering the production numbers would not be large, it is a fair deal. If had need for one I would buy it for sure, moaning a bit though. Steel, it will out last the gun. JMHO - AC

·
Registered
10,992 Posts
Welcome from Texas, sounds like a fun gun.

Reactions: mrmike7189

·
Registered
171 Posts
I took my Camp 9 out yesterday ,put 300 rounds down range at the steel gong target. Everyone at the gun club was surprised that I could hit the gong at 100 yards with iron sights and a 161/2 inch barell. No problem! I said. alternating between 50 & 100 yard targets all day. Love the 9MM.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Enjoy your new carbine! I bought mine new in 1990 & I love it. Great fun gun, great for home defense. I'll be changing out the buffer & spring (again) this week, just for GP. Have fun!

·
Registered
47 Posts
... Everyone at the gun club was surprised that I could hit the gong at 100 yards with iron sights and a 161/2 inch barell...
Really?? Wth do *they* shoot???
Nevermind, I can't be bothered to know. lol

Nice rifle. I have one too. Apart from a weird bolt hold-open issue (is it an issue?) - and could do with a shorter mag well, eh - I absolutely love it. The issue is probably the operator as it is the least familiar piece in my working collection. And it's condition is such that laying heavy hands isn't my first thought. I've had it apart (boo on that little side piece), and that was a great learning experience. I came from the Ruger .44 Mag Carbine. What a rootin'tootin' buggar that thing is. It's always the sledge when you just need a framer. And too, boo on its little side piece. The ammo cost is what killed it for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think most people think that a 9mm is for pistols and only works for close up shooting? Reality is that 9mm will travel quite far. I have had no problem hitting targets at 100 yards or more. 9mm has been pretty cheap lately. less than $9 a box. great time to get a 9mm carbine and shoot !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts