Marlin Firearms Forum banner

New Camp 45 owner; FTF problem

856 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  carpenter 
#1 ·
Hi, Got a nice looking camp 45. Took to to my gunsmith and had him install the16.5 wolf spring and Blackjack buffer. He fired a magazine full
to show me it worked. I went to the range this am and couldn't get the slide to close and pick up a round…at the same time the magazine wouldn't eject. Any one had this problem and can steer a "mechanically challenged" owner to correct this?
Ron

#2 ·
One thing that comes to mind is that it is always good to try multiple magazines if possible, and keep track of which is which. So often in a magazine fed firearm problems stem from the feeding device.
Another important thing to know about the Camp rifles, is that the feed ramp must be in front of the barrel extension, and not pinned below it, which is a common mistake during re-assembly. You should be able to roll the feed ramp rearwards easily. If it is bound up below the barrel, it will cause feeding problems.
Good luck, and let us know what you find.

#4 ·
Could some thing have got caught in where the bolt handle fits into the top of the bold keeping it from releasing the lock open position. Some times I have to play with mine to get it to release

#5 ·
One thing that I forgot earlier, but is worth mentioning. There are two types of 1911 mags, and one will work fine with a Camp, while the other will bind up when inserted. If you look at the back of the mag, at the top, some will have a squared notch, and some will have a rounded notch. The rounded ones will cause problems. they will behard to insert, and may not seat all the way which would cause the round to not get picked up by the bolt, as well as be hard to remove possibly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.