Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a new Browning to teach my wife with. Sweet gun and it shot flawlessly with both of the two brands of cheap .22LR ammo I have on hand. Sights need a little adjustment and I need the practice, too! Thanks for the advice, Papajohn.

zw

Gun Firearm Trigger Design Ammunition

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Nice pistol buddy!!!

·
Team 45-70 Big Buck Contest Winner 2013
961 Posts
Might look up a Heggis spring flip and look at that.

I have the older "silly wet" version. I had a 4 pound trigger pull with zero over travel since mine had the screw already. After the flip it is a nice 2.5 crisp pounds with zero creep for zero dollars.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might look up a Heggis spring flip and look at that.

I have the older "silly wet" version. I had a 4 pound trigger pull with zero over travel since mine had the screw already. After the flip it is a nice 2.5 crisp pounds with zero creep for zero dollars.
I had already looked it up. This one has a very nice trigger right out of the box AND it is to be used to train a new shooter (my wife). Leaving it as is for now, but thanks.

zw

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats. A friend of mine has a similar pistol, not sure the exact Browning model, but a lot of fun to shoot and never any problems. Enjoy...

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Those Buckmarks are nice little pistols.Very acurate and easy to field strip for cleaning.The only problem I have had with the wifes pistol is that the take down screws came loose while shooting and the gun started jamming.If your wifes gun startsFTF, FTE or stove piping check and make sure all screws are tight.

·
Premium Member
18,171 Posts
Jack D is correct, some guns shoot the sight base screws loose after a hundred rounds or more, my first indication is when I start getting misfires it's time to get out the Allen wrench and tighten things down, then go right back to hitting tiny targets at distance and amazing your friends. My Buckmark has well over 80,000 rounds through it, when I die there's going to be a heckuva fight over who gets it, my kids LOVE that gun because it made them look good so often. It also feels like it was made for nearly any hand. I bought the Plus version with the Rosewood grips 20+ years ago, and the wife was peeved about the price.........until she shot it. Then (nearly) all was forgiven.

I kept the gun and ditched the wife..........once of my better decisions. :bandit:

Glad I could be of some help, Gary! I think they're one of the unsung bargains in the shooting world.

Reactions: zuikowarrior

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
When I first got to Fort Carson, CO in 1987 one of the first things I did was get a Buckmark... this was back when they had 1 model, the Buckmark... and that was it. ;) I pumped thousands of rounds through that pistol... sometimes a thousand over a single weekend (back when I was buying Super-X from Service Merchandise for .89 a box, boy, those were the days...) and it proved as reliable as it is accurate. I can't think of a better training pistol... The nice thing about the Buckmark for we 1911 folks is the grip profile and controls are about the same, too.

I've always preferred the Buckmark over the Ruger Mark II/III, they just felt better in my hand, they completely strip down and are easier to maintain, and... well... it's a Browning.

Good pick!

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a great training aid. My wife's shooting improved very quickly today as she shot the Buck Mark for the first time.

I've wanted one for years but I expected the Browning name to be more expensive than it is for this gun - never checked prices.

Reactions: Catherine
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.