Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up and wanted to say hi everyone. Went to an estate auction last Saturday and came home with a very nice 336SC! My first Marlin. I've been looking for a nice one for some time. By Sunday afternoon, it had been cleaned (hardly needed it) and a Leupold 1.5-5 mounted. We had heavy rain all weekend so I'll will get to the range next Saturday and get it sighted in. Results to follow.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!Can't wait for a range report it sounds like a nice rifle!!!If you don't mind also post in our Welcome New Members forum so you can get the proper welcome!!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome to MO!! Congrats on the "new" SC and pictures are encouraged! :D

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your first Marlin.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Welcome to MOs from NE Florida. Congrats on finding a fine Marlin. My first was also an SC, but in .35 Remington. Watch out or Marlinitis will get you, but, then, you're probably already infected, and it's one incurable disease, so you should just enjoy it like the rest of us.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Welcome ato MO's! Great choice for a Marlin, VX III 1.5-5X20. I have some levers with 32 and 33mm objective bells on the scopes, but prefer the looks of the straight tube (20mm) on a lever. Nice score on your first Marlin, an SC, ya done good.! ;) DP

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Bastogne71 said:
I just signed up and wanted to say hi everyone. Went to an estate auction last Saturday and came home with a very nice 336SC! My first Marlin. I've been looking for a nice one for some time. By Sunday afternoon, it had been cleaned (hardly needed it) and a Leupold 1.5-5 mounted. We had heavy rain all weekend so I'll will get to the range next Saturday and get it sighted in. Results to follow.
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your Marlin and may she serve you well.

Catherine

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Welcome to MO!! Congrats on you Marlin and enjoy. Take care, John.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Welcome.......

First Marlin.......... SO FAR.....

Yooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllll SEE!

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Welcome to the MO forums.

You started off with one of my favorite Marlin models ... the SC. I just got mine in 2010 and it was made in 1961. What year was it made?

To find out year of manufacture (if you do not already know) ...
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,495.0.html

Note: I just saw on another post of yours about "expected accuracy" you said it was a 336CS. Is it a SC or a CS?

bjm

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
You know, I think getting that first Marlin is almost as life altering as the wedding, the first born, etc. Like "MJ" said: "You'll see!"

Welcome from central Texas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts