Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Year old male. Good guy, but he's a rescue dog with some issues. We made a lot of progress today on "trust"

Hoping that he'll be able to hunt with me a bit later this fall. He's supposed to be a liver-colored German Wirehaired Pointer, but I'm kinda wondering if he's actually a pudelpointer. Beats me. He's birdy as all get out and full of energy.

Pretty sweet dog too. But... A few issues to work through. Training is going to be daily.

Guy

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
He'll be okay,trust him and he will trust you. Love him and he will love you! On a side note on my way over to my parents,I think they have the same rugs. Have to check.

·
Registered
15,797 Posts
Good luck with the new dog, Guy.
If you haven’t named him yet, I suggest “Otto”...it means ‘wealthy’ in German. If he runs off and you spend all day looking for him, “Waldo” would fit nicely.
“Bockhund” means dark-colored dog. Bock for short.
“Hans” means God is gracious.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Congrats. Good looking dog and I like the name. My son and DIL have a one year old German Shorthaired Pointer and she is full of energy. They have a new baby and have made the decision to adopt their dog out.

·
Registered
29,137 Posts
Above all things! A RESCUE dog!

Thank You! So many dogs are put to sleep because nobody has the time or want to deal with these dogs.

He is one good looking dog! The love will flow from him you can count on that.

Susan is crying right now, she loves people who will take rescue dogs!

ca'jun56 and Susan.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts