Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've adopted a girl! She's 7 1/2 lbs., 39 1/2 inches long, and from North Haven, Connecticut. No name yet but she's already 35 years old. My wife is a little jealous. Definately no safe queen and she'll never be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she looks like she'll be a whole lot of fun! Can't wait to see her shake her micro-groove thang' ;D

I finally got it, no thanks to Fed Ex. Seems someone dropped it in Lake Michigan while visiting Chicago. They had to shrink wrap the box to keep it together. And then it started to dry out - so I spent 2 1/2 hours cleaning it, dumping water out of the action and going over it with some fine steel wool and oil to remove some rust. The bluing is pretty worn and she has character. The wood is great (though a little swollen right now), the bore is like a mirror and the action is smooth.

And as soon as I figure out how to post an image on here, I will!!!!!!

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Yep, shes had a tough run but I bet she ? is beautiful just the same,
. So am guessing she is a plain Jane.

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
I sure hope FedEx is going to compensate you for your time and efforts..............

Regardless, congrats! Looking forward to photos of her pretty little...........buttstock. :eek:
Or, maybe her action!

Never mind. ::)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
moofy07 said:
Yep, shes had a tough run but I bet she ? is beautiful just the same,
. So am guessing she is a plain Jane.
Yep, she's a plain jane, but I love her just the same. Keeps the relationship simple... ;) And PAPAJOHN...good one. Pretty little buttstock....hahaha ;D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Micky Blue - You're beautiful. Jayne it is! I'll nickname her MJ for short (Micky Jayne) in honor of you... :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to some help, here are some pics of the "jayne"... :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stupid computer (user). Here's the other photo...... :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
She's a beaut alright! When you gunna let her date? ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words. The wood really is in good shape. Has some really light scratches near the butt plate on the other side, but other than that, it's solid as can be. No cracks, splits, chunks missing etc. The wood was what really made me have to have this one. I've passed up many a good deal because I didn't like the color or grain of the wood.

As far as letting her go on a date, when she finds someone who can afford to feed her. ;D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
h-bomb said:
She's a beaut alright! When you gunna let her date? ;)
...Or when you invite me to Texas for some hog hunting. You can date her all you want then! ;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sorry bud missed the train on that one, movin up to PA next week!!

Guess I'll have to work on that feedin thing huh?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
h-bomb said:
Sorry bud missed the train on that one, movin up to PA next week!!

Guess I'll have to work on that feedin thing huh?
Story of my life, day late dollar short. Man, now what do I do?

Have a safe move and I wish you the best in your new digs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Well i guess you could go down to *cough cough* [email protected]#$% for some hogs of a different flavor..

I'm sure there's plenty other folks on MO in Texas lookin to thin em out, they're startin to get like rabbits

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
WOW Big Dog, she's gorgeous! Nothing plain about that one, she really cleaned up nicely. Good job on spiffing her up after the bath.

I've got a 30-30 I call Plain Jane, the wood is so rough she looks almost unfinished. But the outshoots every other Marlin I own, and that takes some doing. She's a '64 RC, and I'm afraid to change or upgrade anything, I'd hate to mess up the accuracy with my ham-handed refinishing skills. But maybe this winter I'll try some Boiled Linseed Oil and see if it helps. I don't think I could screw that up too bad, but then, sometimes I surprise myself at what an idiot I can be.......... ::)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts