Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent my afternoon agonizing over my next mold purchase. Placed a order with accurate for a 4 cavity large alum block. 2 cavities for my 32-40 in the 32-180b gas checked for my 1893. 2 cavities in the 38-250b plain base for my 38-55cb. Not having dialed in either rifle I feel like these are both good choices. Rolling the dice as they say.......

·
Registered
910 Posts
i would love to spend the day with that one, wonder how many you could make till you gave out

Reactions: Sparky civil

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, but i think for openers just a few. I would sure hate to get up all bent over and limp away after pouring a bucket full of them. While I'm waiting I'm studying on what to get for the 45-70. Seems like something in the 405gr area is popular.

·
Super Moderator
9,269 Posts
You made some wise choices Spark. It would be hard to make an error ordering from Accurate as long as you know what diameter to ask for.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I ordered both cavities .002" over groove dia. From what I read there's a possible +.002" over what I spec'd. So I'm hoping to get close.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered this mold on Sunday night and he even emailed me that night. Mold shipped today. That was fast. Thought I had awhile to get my sizers and gas checks.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMG_20140716_172232893.jpg
Here are a pair of fine bullets from this mold. Measurements are right on the gnats a.. and I couldn't be more pleased. 9 days from the placed order to bullets in hand. Pretty good I would think. Hats of to Tom at Accurate Molds.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Them are some Fiine lookin Boolits Sparky!

Yeah old Tom's molds are really nice. I got mine couple months back. I got a 4 cavity 2x2, 265gr/.432 & 430gr/.460, fine mold makes Awesome Boolits...

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Them are some Fiine lookin Boolits Sparky!

Yeah old Tom's molds are really nice. I got mine couple months back. I got a 4 cavity 2x2, 265gr/.432 & 430gr/.460, fine mold makes Awesome Boolits...

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570

1 - 9 of 9 Posts