Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happens everytime. I go to the store and something follows me home. My favorite little shop had a H&K USP .45 for $499. It was used, but judging by the wear I have on my USP .40, this thing couldn't have had more than a 20 round box (maybe 2) put through it. It has a few more rounds though it now, though. hehehe 8)

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
So............how does it shoot? That's a pretty good price, I know you're happy about that. Inquiring minds want to know more!

PJ

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shoots great! Feels real good in my hand and has surprisingly little kick. I am really going to enjoy owning this gun.

I had originally intended to buy a Springfield XD-45 tactical. But with the price, I couldn't pass it up, besides, I can get the XD later :D :D

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
How much of that gun is polymer? It looks big, is it? Hardly a carry piece, but then, that's prolly not what you bought it for. Unless you're built like a truck......... :shock:

Papajohn

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top slide and the barrel along with some misc. pins and springs are the only metal. Where the slide fits and glides along the frame there are some metal inserts that provide better durability/longevity, or so says H&K. :lol:

No the gun is not for CCW, I've just been wanting a .45ACP for some time now. I have two different XD-9's, a S&W 642, and a Colt Mustang on my NV CCW. I don't have to list on my UT CCW.

H&K does offer the gun in a more compact frame that would be good for carry, if you wanted to. I really got my CCW for two reasons. One, so I wouldn't have to pay/wait for NCIS everytime I bought something. Two, so I wouldn't be breaking the law when hiking/backpacking.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Nice find.. you sure the better half won't end up with it ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts