Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just bought a new 39a here in the UK serial no 93xxxxxx (that makes it 2007 by my reckoning) to add to my growing Marlin 'Family' ;D

I have never had a new Marlin before ...........

It surprised me when it came out of its box - as it had a scope mount fitted & the thumb extension was on the hammer.( I don't do scopes on LeverGuns !)

I immediately thought I had a gun that had been returned by another buyer

But it still has its packing grease - clearly has never been shot & the scope mount chown no sign of a scope being mounted ??

[confused]

As these 9new) are as rare as Unicorns over here - can anyone from over the pond that has bought one - clarify if theirs came with a scope mount & thumb extension .........

regards

Roy
Berkshire, England

·
Registered
635 Posts
Congratulations on your new rifle. My 1993 39AS came with the scope mount and offset hammer extension, but they were not installed when I got the rifle. Looking at the current Marlin Firearms site info for the 39A , it says they are sold with a scope mount and offset hammer extension. Here's a link.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/22Rifle/Golden39A.asp

I truly enjoy shooting my 39 and I hope yours is as much fun for you.

Regards, TallGrass

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi TallGrass

Thanks for the link

She is a pretty thing - I have never had a levergun in 22RF before & was surprised how heavy it was !!

......... nd that is from someone who has 24" oct barreled Cowboys in 357 & 44 & prefers them for the weigh !!

DOH !

Looking forward to shooting the 39 on my next range day

All the best
Roy
Berkshire England UK

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
Congrats on the new 39. Lets see some pics!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just bought a 39D a few weeks ago. It's much lighter than my 39A. No way to put a sling on it and leave it original. Think it shoots as good as the longer barrel 39A. It's a shame you have to go through a lot of paper work to buy a rifle. Takes me about 10 minutes to buy from a dealer including paper work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cody77 said:
Congrats on the new 39. Lets see some pics!
Thanks

I'll put her alongside her bigger brothers & take a few

Will post them soon as

Regards

Roy

Now just got to add a Cowboy in 45 Colt & thats me done (but unlike the US - 45Colt is fairly rare over here ............. quite a few 357s & 44mags - but you dont see many in 45 Grrrrrrr

I have a Rossi in 45 which shoots well - but I NEEEEEEED to get me a Marlin to replace it !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts