Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a few days ago I stopped in the local gun store and spied a 1954 39A. It was in real nice condition except for a bit of surface rust on the right side of the barrel by the front sight. Wood had a few marks in it but considering it age, which they had listed as 1954, I considered it but put it back. I took note of the serial # and it started with a "L" so I double checked it when I got home and confirmed the date. Told my wife I had stopped by there as I was on a pizza run, taking longer than normal. She casually asked my if I had seen anything good. I told her and let it drop. My motto is you can't have too many guns, and this one peaked my interest as it is the same age as me. Well today is my 60th birthday and lo and behold, what does the wife have waiting for me.... the 39A. Biggest surprise in a long time!! She has never bought a gun before. She is a better bargainer than me but couldn't talk them down any, but it is OK.

Pic of the old gun. She and the wife are keepers for sure

IMG_20140621_095701_291.jpg

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice rifle...but I think you made out even better on the wife!! Congrats on both!

Reactions: P-bass and toad67

·
Registered
661 Posts
Great rifle and wife. Sometimes a man just has to thank his lucky stars.

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
292 Posts
Happy Birthday!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Great story, beautiful rifle, and what a thoughtful, caring and classy lady. You sir, are a blessed man.

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Happy Birthday and congrats on the new rifle and great wife!:tee:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Your wife is nicer than the rifle....................:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Marko, you made out like a bandit. Congrats on the birthday, the rifle, and such a loving and caring wife! You're truly blessed.

Ron

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys. I am very fortunate. She encourages me to go hunting as she knows how much I love that also, and am planning another adventure;this fall to northern Saskatchewan for a big deer, hopefully.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts