Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my new 336C arrived at last, already mounted the Vortex SPARC on it today, will get started on reloading tomorrow and get it out hunting ASAP. Whilst I was waiting for the Marlin to roll up I spotted this Winchester Model 92 in 32WCF on the net, I just had to get it , the serial no. puts it at 1926 build, in perfect working order. I bought it and it rolled up today along with me Marlin. I'm very happy, I've been hunting for 40years and never owned a lever action, now I got two of em!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Nice looking levers you got there! Welcome to Marlin Owners! The 92 with the button magazine is sweet! DP

Reactions: JACKTW and Geoffo

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome Geoffo. Better late than never mate! If your ever down Toowoomba way let me know, always keen for a shoot.
Cheers

Reactions: Geoffo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to marlin land. I believe a 32wcf aka 32-40 was 1894 model cartridge naught a 1892 (pistol cartridges only). They are both beautiful in their own way.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice Levers! Can't beat how they handle in the woods!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
And so it begins... you're hooked now, ha! Congrats, and enjoy.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
That is great. Now you have a good start to start a whole Marlin Family. Don't look back just keep adding too and having fun. Congratulations :congrats: Don't let the Marlinitis bug bite you. Oh Well, you may as well be infected along with the rest of us.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Reactions: JACKTW and Geoffo

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
Lots of 92 clones around........Rossi, Winchester, Chiappa.
A real Winchester 92 in working order is a great find.
Thought I was in luck a couple of years ago when I found a real Winny 92 at a local dealership.
Worked out to be one someone jury rigged to 44 Mag, pounded it with hot loads until it was pretty well f'ked and then dumped it............a crying shame.
Congrats on your purchase !

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Howdy and wellcome to MO.Thats a nice looking pair of rifles you got there.What year is your Marlin?
The Marlin is a little bit newer than the Winchester, it's brand new, the walnut is nice and yes there is a big difference in the quality of the woodwork compared to the 90 year old Winchester. It is a shame that Marlin can't match the craftsmanship of yesteryear, I guess that's mass production these days ey? But that's OK the blueing is nice and deep and the action is smooth, it's gonna be a hunting rifle. Amazing how smooth that old Winny is, everything on it is original, I was lucky picking that one up!

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to marlin land. I believe a 32wcf aka 32-40 was 1894 model cartridge naught a 1892 (pistol cartridges only). They are both beautiful in their own way.
Thanks for that. The 32WCF is the original 32-20, I don't claim to know a lot about these old calibre's, but I'm reading everything that I can find about em. A guy who does know heaps about em told me it's a good one, all original parts, tight action, nothing reworked, he reckons it would not have seen much use.

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
The Marlin is a little bit newer than the Winchester, it's brand new, the walnut is nice and yes there is a big difference in the quality of the woodwork compared to the 90 year old Winchester. It is a shame that Marlin can't match the craftsmanship of yesteryear, I guess that's mass production these days ey? But that's OK the blueing is nice and deep and the action is smooth, it's gonna be a hunting rifle. Amazing how smooth that old Winny is, everything on it is original, I was lucky picking that one up!
A Remiln ......... GASP!
I just bought a Remlin 336C.
About the most accurate Marlin I've ever owned and I've owned a few over the years.
The stock finish was applied a little to liberally and filled the checkering grooves ....... otherwise fine !

·
Administrator
30,586 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners. Congrats! It appears you are off to a great start... one that becomes never ending. :flute:

Thanks for the pictures, it brings life to your post.

Do I hear a range report coming soon?

Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.