Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, this is my first Marlin and my first lever action rifle. I have always wanted one, but for some reason, I stuck with tactical gear (military and law enforcement). Anyways, I had some Scheels gift cards and decided to finally pick up a 336c 30-30. I'm recovering from a total shoulder replacement so I more than likely will not be able to shoot for a few months. Here are a few quick pics, don't mind my son's NERF bullet behind the stand LOL.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
:congrats: "NICEEEEEEEEE" You did good! Hope you get to feeling better soon so you can shoot it!!:tee:

Reactions: JACKTW and SSgt93

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:congrats: "NICEEEEEEEEE" You did good! Hope you get to feeling better soon so you can shoot it!!:tee:
Thank you. It has been a process for sure (4 shoulder surgeries in under 2 years) but I am getting there.

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Very nice!!!!

Reactions: SSgt93

·
Registered
126 Posts
Very nice indeed! They are easy to work on, easy to take care of, easy to reload for, and awfully ergonomic to shoot and shoot well. A classic design that has worked well for over 100 years. Let the addiction begin! Oh yeah, did I mention that's very nice rifle you have there!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners! I hope you have a speedy recovery. You will like the lever guns, it is a different type of shooting, but very satisfy and fun!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Hang in there SSgt93 and get well. That old Marlin will be waiting on ya... Good luck... :tee:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nice rifle. A slip on Limbsaver recoil pad or a PAST recoil shield will take the pain out of shooting when you are ready. I had rotator cuff issues and know how hard it can be to get back to shooting centerfires.

Good luck and good shooting.

·
Super Moderator
26,350 Posts
+1 to Tank50 post on getting a slip on limbsavor recoil pad in small size, they're very good and with the low recoil of a 30-30 you'll be amazed, perceived recoil reduced to near nothing.

That's a great looking 336C you have there, what a way to begin your marlinitis journey! You will not be able to keep it to one... I promise.

Oh, and welcome to Marlin Owners, home of the marlinitis afflicted.

Get well soon and be sure to post a range report.

Best,
Jack

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great looking new rifle there; how does the action feel?

Good luck with the shoulder rehab, hope you get back to shooting soon.
The action feels pretty good. It's tight,and I expect that for new, but it is pretty smooth and fluid. I'm dying to shoot her. When I retired from my PD, I bought a new Glock 23 as we'll that hash't been shot yet. I'm glad my total replacement (fake joint) shoulder is my left and I am right handed. I have around a year of physical therapy but should be able to hit the range in a few months. I tried holding the rifle up for a bit yesterday and it is painful reaching for the barrel with my left arm, but it will get better with time.

Thanks all for the responses. I am absorbing a lot of info off this forum. :beerglass:

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is a good looking rifle!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts