Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I am picking up my new Marlin 336C in 35 Rem. tomorrow. I am looking to get some cleaning equiptment for the 35. Is there a preference with nylon or bronze bore brushes? How about solvents ? Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Yep.. forget the bore brush.. just use patches . I use Hoppe's kit aluminum I think.. What ever you use wipe it down before you put it in the bore..

Only and I say only if you shoot lead and lead up the barrel should you consider using brush.. . Now thats my opinion only..

Congrats on the purchase. :lol:

G

·
Dang it! I just put mine on order last Friday. It probably won't be in till next week!!! :x :cry: Oh, well in the mean time, I got a couple boxes of Rem ammo, the Lever Eveolution ammo and some reloading supplies.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
BTW welcome both of you to MO.. :lol:

·
Registered
353 Posts
ppost pics of your grouping with it from factory..like to see how it shhots. Thinking of picking up a new one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bronze bore brush over nylon, and definitely NOT stainless.

I always look for the bronze bore brushes with a loop of twisted wire in the front, as opposes to the type that are clipped off. I like the looped ones better as there is less chance to scape your bore.

Looped end good. Clipped end bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts