Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At www.24hourcampfire.com on the Savage collector's forum, there's a link to Federal (PETITION to FEDERAL) who is researching demand for a limited run of that brass. This doesn't look like a bad opportunity! SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
It seems to show up here on occasion, so I haven't had the same deficit the rest of the country seems to be having. Heck, I don't even have a .303 Savage, but I'm building up my supply of brass and ammo! :lol:

·
Registered
719 Posts
303 ?????????

so THAT"S where all the 303 stuff is going! Vall's magnet is sucking it all over to the west coast........WAIT!!!!!! there goes mine out the door!! AARHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................come back....come back......shane!!!! come back!!.................... :shock:

·
Registered
719 Posts
303 stuff....

Actually I emailed the fellow at Federal, he said he wasn't even considering it at this time......i talked to the vendors that showed up at our FOP shoot-out, and they didn't give alot of hope either. there are just to few 303's out there. I will shoot only hunting, the remaing ones i have, or find some here and there......but I'm not about to give Bertrums $1.50 for each brass! i can get 30-40 krag turned down for less than that!
I have about 60 rounds, and that will hold me, i shoot more swiss/swed anyway. I have seen ebay and gunbroker stuff go on sale also.....so it's out there, just do you want to pay the $$$$?
I would rather shoot my 38-55 if i'm going lever target/fun shooting, and save the savage for the fall hunting season(IF the wife will let me go this year!)

and yes, heck in the wind, you can shoot 30-30 in them, but my bore is .310" so i HAVE to reload anyway! :roll:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Kaintuck,
Baton down the hatches! I'm starting up the 80 megaton magnet! VRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Felloas,
Play safe with that thing. I happen to be the one that "BUILT" that thing a few years back and it should be used for what it was designed for only.If you use the zillions of Megetrons that is involed in this puppy to suck brass from all over the States to your own home, it will loose its Marlin lever,Ballard type attractions. MM93 needs to remember to keep the MMM
(Marlin Mans Magnet) in one of the strickly Marlin,Ballard Safes between shows to keep the Magatrons at its strongest. Hope you have some more great finds at the show.
:lol: 8) :D :D 8) :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Spikemaster,
Poindexter and I have done some minor modifications to your original (although excellent) design! Poindexter has added a selector switch from an M16, so the "Marlin Man Magnet" now has the select fire capability, complete with three modes! It still has the original Marlin mode, but in addition it has a "Single Shot" mode, to detect those single shot rifles! It also has a "Miscellaneous" mode! Although the miscellaneous mode is not nearly as strong as the other two, it is still strong enough that care must be taken!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: If used without caution, there's no telling what it might attract! A guy might end up with a Winchester even! :shock: :shock: We have no safety, but leave the MMM at half cock. It's good enough for me, although Poindexter nearly lost his job when he reccommended a crossbolt safety!!! The dingbat!
Direction is critical, so as to not attract anything west of Oregon! Wouldn't want any Japanese, or Chinese made guns!!! In the near future, we are planning on adding an adjustable potentiometer, in order to control the strength in each mode! Then the gun world will be mine!! He He He He!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Marlinman93 (MMM)
Sounds like you fellas out there in the west have really been sif-fer-en and drawing in the dirt through the winter months and got the Ole Magnet really tuned up. Trying to get the different modes working. One of your offical scientists must have pointed it in South Florida direction and took it off half cock because I noticed all my 1889s are missing the model numbers on top tang and the push button safety has come up missing also.Man I just took another look and saw that theres only a 32 on top of brl. and I know its a 32/20. I have started a gun striper and its in the wrong hands if you and your guys try to rule the World in guns!!!!!! Please return these peices and numbers as soon as possible and I'll send you the original blue prints of the MMM. Please keep her in the air or ground till this wk-end show. Then its good luck to you on your finds!!! Is "J" one of your head creators?Haven't talked to him in awhile. Tell him hello and good luck at the show. :lol: :lol: :shock: 8) :D :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Yes, Mr 99 (J) is helping with this. He would like a 4th position to the selector, which would attract any early Savage 99's! Looks like we'll have to add a swith barrel, and more POWER!!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
i have a miniture one.........

i have succeeded in a small reproduction of the magnet, this one works on sweds/swiss settings only it would seem. we will turn on this eastern magnet soon, and "tune" it......with adition power settings, i may even find a 40-65 marlin! it has no wasted"schutzen butt" setting, so it has more power to go toward swiss/swed military arms.
the magnet was turned on recently on provided a non-import stamped 1911 k-11 and a prestine walnut stocked k-31(with tag!)......so mine dose work!
i will have to re-tune it would seem, as i need 303 savage brass also, the evil meninons of the west coast underwould will not overcome the fight to fill all eastern gun safes! we will prevail, once again, the persuit of excess old stuff will happen!
"captain video hi-ho!!!!!!!!!" :p

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Be careful with those selector switches! Fine tuning is required to keep your magnet from pulling in rifles with Swiss buttplates, when set to the Swiss setting! Some rather crude copies are out there, and due to their inexpensive software, they tend to attract anything that starts with "Sw"! :eek:
If you're not careful you may have fellas with shorts and suspenders yodeling about your home! Or worse yet, a bunch of little guys building clocks that all go off on the hour and half hour! The din could be deafening! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts