Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Said this before but when handguns first became a big thing for me I thought the 44 was useless. Now they are taking over the safe and more than a few are these short barrels I like so much. Kick like a mule but surprisingly accurate out to 75 yards, they just impress me and balance very well in my medium to small hands.

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this nice revolver a little while back and just got this beautiful pair of combat style grips grips from Culina LLC aka Kurac. These are my favorite style of grips that fit my hand great - but original sets are bringing BIG bucks these days.

Thinking I need to make some matching leather for it and my 1894P. Talk about a 'port' authority :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You have a real winner there. I was fortunate enough to get a Lew Horton 24-5(?) back in the early 1990s in .44 Special. It had grips like yours but they had to go for me but the gun is a wonderful and very accurate 3" .44. It is one of my keeper's.

Reactions: Eaglestroker

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is a beautiful pistol almost too purdy to shoot... Almost!!!

·
Premium Member
18,171 Posts
Robert, you and I are both clearly victims of the same affliction, known as "3-inch Smith Syndrome". Since I've had it for many years, I'm probably also a carrier, and if I accidentally passed it on to you I'm darned sorry about it.........but mostly because it means you're going to find and buy some of MY guns!

That one sure is pretty. And your pictures, as always, are very nice, but I can assure you that gun would FAR better in MY safe! :bandit:

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
Sweet lookin' lil shooter!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Robert, you and I are both clearly victims of the same affliction, known as "3-inch Smith Syndrome". Since I've had it for many years, I'm probably also a carrier, and if I accidentally passed it on to you I'm darned sorry about it.........but mostly because it means you're going to find and buy some of MY guns!

That one sure is pretty. And your pictures, as always, are very nice, but I can assure you that gun would FAR better in MY safe! :bandit:
Hey John, fell for that line before! I had this configuration in a 629 sans the ports and ended up trading it for a pair of birdshead vaqueros. The trade was in my favor and I love the rugers, just missed my 3" bruiser. I'm really after a 3.5" 27 'shooter grade' gun but folks have gotten crazy over them.

You were a big influence in my 696 sickness... :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Dirty Harry approves.

I want one....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.