Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i found a smoking deal, mint condition marlin model 60 99 bucks (about 115 after tax and background check) at a pawn shop, has a birch monte carlo stock with checkering on the grip and fore grip, blued barrel, 14 rd tube mag and a gold trigger, silver not blued bolt , first 3 digits of the serial number are 991, was wondering when it was made? and if it is what i think it is a 89 big 5 sports make, or if it is newer, there is no gold medalion in the stock.

ill get pictures up when its light outside tomorrow, beautiful gun, put 50 rounds through it today and its a straight shooter for sure im going to have fun with this gun for sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What makes you think it a Big 5 model? Is it stamped on it? I'm not sure if their numbers are the same as a regular Marlin, but if they are I believe it would be a 2001 model...2100-99=2001.
Sounds like you got a really good deal! I've been looking for a good price to add to my collection. Theyre great rifles. I've had mine since I was young and will NEVER part with it!
Hopefully someone here has better knowledge regarding the different makes and the serial numbers to confirm or correct my best guess!

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
+1 - 2001 model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry it wasn't yesterday to get some pictures, got them now.

i also brought up the xt-22 for this picture hope you guys enjoy.

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Cool and a great price. Sometimes the cheapest gun has the most appeal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts