Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got up to ky to see mom...and HAD to stop at the shop where i bought the trapdoor.....well, i saw two of the little springfield 87A's sitting on the shelf. one was obviously older as it was marked "22lr greased cartridges only", and had factory D&T on the reciever. perfect bore and fires w/o a hitch....OTD for $75~ :)
these rifles were interesting to me because i remember shooting rats in the backyard with dad when i was 8yr old~~in orlando florida no less! try that now!!! :wink:
but i don't seem to have any info availible to research dates etc..anybody collect these? do you know where i can see more info? i'm searching the net and haven't come across a page yet..... :idea:
i'll get some pics up soon.....it's not a marlin....but neat no the less!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I dont know if they are collectible but had one years ago,I got rid of mine,traded it in on a Marlin 39 A,first Marlin I ever owned.The reason I traded it was a screw in the gun use to loosen up and the gun would go full auto on me.It was kind of neat when you knew it was goig to happen but if it came as a suprise it was scary.Also at 14 I couldn't afford a brick of shells on a Saturday afternoon and couldn't explain to dad where 500 rounds went.At 50 it scares the hell out of me to think back on it

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Take a trip back to Orlando, and see how fast Mickey can run from the old 87a! :wink:
Great price, and a fine shooting gun. It'd be tough to find anything close in workmanship nowadays, for twice that price!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts