Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 1895GBL on Gunbroker for $495. I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the stock, the blueing, and the wood-to-metal fit of this firearm. It is actually better than either of my JM 336s. I worked up some test loads and took it to the range. My best load was 60.0C of IMR3031 under a Hornady RN 350 gr. bullet. My 100yd groups averaged 1.33" with this load. The recoil was not nearly as bad as I expected and did not impact my shooting. By the way, I was able to recover one of the Hornady RN 350s. It expanded beautifully to .77". I am ready for deer season!
IMG_0592.JPG IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0595.JPG IMG_0591.JPG

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
You definitely have a beauty. I have one like it and am extremely pleased with mine as well. Your definitely getting there with your load development. That is most definitely good enough for deer season and should bring you home some meat. I worked up a load for mine using IMR4198 and a 405gr cast and it will shoot 1/2inch groups at 100yds. The accuracy of these rifles is phenomenal. Good luck with your hunting season and pics of your success is a must. Welcome to the forum!:top::biggrin::congrats:

Reactions: xaris and moofy07

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very nice. I am usually a traditional walnut stock person, but sometimes those laminates really look good. What was the year of manufacture? I had a 2013 1895G that was junk and got sent back, but the replacement early 2015 and another 2015 1895 that I have were very nice.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Congratulations!!! You got a great deal on a great rifle. I paid $599 for mine. My rifle LOVES those hornady 350gr Flatpoints.

Reactions: moofy07

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Very nice rifle, cheap too. :top::top: I actually have a JM GBL and I like it heaps.

Reactions: Officer29
1 - 9 of 9 Posts