Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here in this forum and I have to say that I am very thankful for all of the knowledgeable individuals here and just how much information is located here. I just bought a new 1895 GBL/Remlin and was told about the receiver issues and pointed in the direction of this forum. Thankfully, I read the entire thread on the cracked receivers and put me in a panic because I had just spent hard earned money on my rifle. I took it apart and was very relieved to find no crack but some nasty grinding marks where the usual "notch" is cut in the lip. Very happy with the purchase but will be checking it out after each shoulder punishment session! I just wanted to say thanks to this group for the knowledge and information on here and this has become my "Go to" spot for any of my Marlin concerns. Just received my XS DRC winged sights and XS scout rail mount and about to put those on. Can't wait for deer/hog season to start!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the forum sth1985h. You did good and it sounds like you are giving good thought to the sight setup. My wife had a stainless GG (JM) with Ghoast ring sights and the accuracy was awsome with the rear and front combination.I sold that rifle about 4 years ago since I already had one and at the time,only needed one. I surely kick myself in the 2nd.point of contact,but then again,I did the same thing with a 67 Chevelle Supper Sport and a 68 Mustang converible.Good luck with that new hog getter.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Congrats on the new GBL! Glad you did your homework before purchasing a new Remlin! They can be great rifles, just need to be aware of what to look out for! You know we DO need to see some pics of the rifle!:biggrin:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Congratulations! You have officially started your addiction of Marlin levers........ It's kind of a gateway drug into big bore!

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Congratulations on your new GBL! But of course without pictures it didn't happen :biggrin:. Glad to have you with us!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
A big welcome to the forums! You now have one fine rifle. :congrats:Of course, we'll need pictures!

·
Super Moderator
17,244 Posts
Welcome aboard from Alabama.... and welcome to the "Shoulder mounted light artillery"....

Oh.... what they said.... Pictures are "required"...

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Welcome sth, glad to have ya here! There is much knowledge to be gained from here in the Forum, so enjoy.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
welcome to the MO from the motor city! and welcome to the shoulder mounted artillery! like the fine folks said,... pics or it didn't happen lol!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts