Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a new 1894c marlin and just wanted to tell everyone that it has the rep proof mark. it looks like a very good gun. i bought it a couple of weeks ago at a friends gun store and i got the chance to pick from 3 of them. how he got three 1894c i don't know? all off them looked like good guns. i loaded up some ammo without powder primer with the bullets that i like lyman 358156 on 357 cases and 38 cases. all three guns worked just fine. the wood fitting looked about as good as an older 1894 in 44mag looked. only concerns i had is some of the rough burrs left on the inside. when i got mine home i deburred the edge that causes the marlin jam and went through the gun with a stone to smooth it out some and found some burrs. the burrs were very minor though and the second concern would be the front sight might be a little to one side, but i am not sure my eyes might have been playing games with my head and if it is off its a small amount. other than that the bluing looked good and the only reason why i chose this one is because it had the nicest wood. hope this helps one way or the other

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Very cool, registerd magnum!

I hope this is a bell toll for things to come...

And Welcome to Marlin Owners! Let's see a pic of that registered magnum in the handgun section!

Jon

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
That is good to hear, and welcome from Bundaberg, Australia.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds as good or better than the last few new "JM" Marlins I've bought. My "JM" 1894c needed a lot of attention when it came from the factory. There was a burr in the magazine tube and it didn't feed well and the action was smooth as 80 grit sand paper. It is my favorite Marlin now. Hope this becomes the trend with the REP Marlins.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Registered Magnum,
I have a REP 1894c also. It just needed a bit of smoothing up in the action when I first got it and I also lightened the trigger pull, now its a good gun.
Enjoy!

McQuade

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to MO.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds like a winner! Welcome! 8)

·
Registered
102 Posts
registered magnum said:
shoot new 1894c today and shot great too!
this makes me happy :). now i can feel some hope crawling its way back in that the CSBL will be worth it, i hope so, cause i want one (or more)

·
Registered
244 Posts
oh hooray, finally some positive feedback on a new marlin. All the ones I've seen have been absolute garbage so perhaps this is light at the end of the tunnel and we can exit this dark time of crappy transition rifles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts