Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's hunting and fishing sales tax holiday weekend here in the Sportman's Paradise. So I went down to the local crack dealer- er, I mean LGS- to rescue my 10/22 from layway, and save about $30 in taxes. Sorry for the crummy photo, but here it is:

The gun seems really nice, but even nicer? When the salesman brought it out, this was taped to the box:

Hmmm.... I'm sure not complaining, but hey- are they trying to entice me to buy even more firearms from them than I already have? Don't they know I have a serious affliction? :)

·
Premium Member
15,451 Posts
Congrats,
that’s a fine lookin’ rifle

Reactions: vt4ster

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Heck of a combo and good sales promo for all involved.
Hope you have a spare VQ target hammer stashed away.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats,
that’s a fine lookin’ rifle
Thank you. A couple of years ago, when I bought my first 10/22, they had both the basic carbine and the DSP. I "cheaped out" and bought the birch one. It's been a great shooter, and I've fired thousands of rounds through it, but I've always wanted a walnut sporter. For awhile, though, they were rarer than hens' teeth. Now they're back in stores, and I'm glad I've got this one.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice grab!!

Reactions: vt4ster

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
The only problem with a 10-22 is their ravenous appetite for ammo, especially with a 25rd mag. Mine, like most .22s, is particular on what it shoots best. It favors non-HP CCI Minimags, which have not been available locally for some time (true for any flavor of .22 rimfire).

·
Registered
786 Posts
Nice to see some LGS are still throwing in some ammo with a purchase. I haven't seen that in years. Best I got was a discount on ammo when I purchased a Mark V Deluxe in 460wtby. Yeah, I know - overkill. Bucket list firearm and safe queen!

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only problem with a 10-22 is their ravenous appetite for ammo, especially with a 25rd mag. Mine, like most .22s, is particular on what it shoots best. It favors non-HP CCI Minimags, which have not been available locally for some time (true for any flavor of .22 rimfire).
I know what you mean. Back in 2012, when I got my first 10/22, ammo was cheap and plentiful. I could get American Eagle for $14.88 a brick, and I would shoot a brick every week. When the shortage hit, my 10/22 stayed inside most of the time. I shot my Henry lever gun instead, as it goes through way less ammo than the 10/22. I don't use the BX-25's. I just use four or five ten round mags, but even that way I still shoot up 100-200 rounds really fast.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice to see some LGS are still throwing in some ammo with a purchase. I haven't seen that in years. Best I got was a discount on ammo when I purchased a Mark V Deluxe in 460wtby. Yeah, I know - overkill. Bucket list firearm and safe queen!
Dude- shoot the doggone gun! Otherwise, when you're gone, your kids or grandkids will shoot it, or even sell it for way less than its worth.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts