Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Never drive by a pawn shop without stopping!

2K views 27 replies 27 participants last post by  Survivor99 
#1 ·
I drove by this Pawn shop twice today, the third time something told me to stop and here's my reward. A 1980 336 in 30-30 and a 1951 (H prefix) undrilled waffle top in .32Win both in pretty nice shape. I'm not going to say how much cause I don't want to be accused of theft but it was a good deal! Gun Trigger Air gun Shotgun

See less See more
#6 ·
That's a great find!

We don't have Pawn Shops that have firearms for sale here in Central PA that I know of....hmm. Lots of HH goods and furniture, but no guns in Pawn Shops. From what I hear from the locals, when they have a rifle for sale they take it to a LGS and sell it to them. The dealer turns around and resells them to his customer base. Not as good a deal as I've been reading about on this Forum.

Cheers!

Mike T.

#7 ·
That's a fine lookin pair of rifles dc!

#10 ·
nice lookin' rifles
congrats

Reactions: dcsprings
#11 ·
Very nice finds! I have to force myself to stay out of pawn shops, I do have kids to feed after all... :eating: :eating:

Reactions: Survivor99
#16 ·
I drove by my two favorite pawn/gun shops today and stopped in both! Unfortunately they didn't have any JM Marlins on my list of must haves. I did see a British .303 in pretty good condition for $500, will post pics and pawn/gun shop details tomorrow once my phone has recharged!

#18 ·
Not too far from NC right now, why don't I stop by and pick up that '51 from you. I can tell you feel guilty, heck, I don't want you to feel like thief, I'll take'm both!

Reactions: unclesarge58
#20 ·
Whenever I "go to town", I always stop at the pawn shops if I'm close. Been awhile since anythings spoke to me, and that's okay; Someday they'll be home LOL!.

#26 ·
I think I'm going to leave them on for now.

#27 ·
There is a pawn shop on my way home right after the bank that I deposit my paycheck in weekly.

I avoid it at all costs! :driver:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.