Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see NEF advertising their slug shotguns and they say they will shoot modern sabot slugs. My question is " what brand do they shoot "?
Anybody know ?????????????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess my question should have been " does the NEF shoot
the regular slugs that are not saboted" ?
I appreciate the replies !!!!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
NEF's will shoot all slugs that the individual barrel is designed for. The rifled slug barrel is designed especially of saboted slugs but will shoot foster slugs also, some think the use of Fostertype slugs in rifled bores leads to excessive leading but it can be cleaned out. The smoothbore slug (modified to cylinder bore) barrel shoots both sabots (more expensive) or foster style very well, my choice but not the choice of all...Try www.Graybeardoutdoors.com and ask this question in the H&R shotgun forum and I am sure you will get many answers and opinions....<><.... :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 20 ga. nef tracker II. It's a tack driver too! It's sighted in for 50 yds. with no scope. I like the iron sights! It's shooting 5/8 if an inch high at 50 yds. I love it . I shoot the cheap bri win.sabot slugs 2 3/4 inchers, if you call them cheap. :roll:
tommy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes the tracker2 shoots sabots, and is designed for sabots since it is rifled barrel. I have one in 12 ga and is a real tack driver. I use the Winchester BRI sabots, work great on deer and are priced nice! 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts