Marlin Firearms Forum banner

"NEEDED" load for 7mm mag/Barnes triple shock

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  d4570 
#1 ·

:D I know this is risky but if any where is safe this is the place. I'm looking for a load for a 7mm rem mag using a barns triple shock 140 grain bullet. I've been only able to find stuff for there "x" bullets. Does any one have some thing or a place I can look?THANKS :roll:

G
#2 ·

I emailed Alliant about no data for my 7wsm and that RL-19 and 22 were two of my favorite powders. The reply came back that they had no test barrel yet but would pass on some data. I didn't have any Barnes bullet data but had the Sierra, Hornady, and Speer already. RL-19 was the only powder that the Barnes data used and for my 7wsm (fairly close to the Rem Mag)

140TSX RL-19 63.0grns @ 2908fps up to 70.0grns @ 3267fps

That top number looks a little spooky for my rifle but I've loaded up some around mid way but haven't tried them yet. BM

Bill

PS: Instead of the .050" (for the Barnes X) off the rifling I tried around .030". The tsx must not be that different from common bullets by looking at the data but I still didn't want to crowd the rifling.

#3 ·

:p Thanks ! Most of the people I've talked to says to use the published loads for the regular barns x x x bullets (same weights) :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.