Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a Marlin Texan time capsule. 1968 saddle ring Texan I bought from the original owner. It is LNIB and the stock seems "dry" for lack of a better word. What can I use on the stock to bring it back to original condition? BLO or something else?

Planning on starting a new thread and writing about this one. You guys will like it.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,010 Posts
Wow!.............You got all kinds of good suggestions........All are good, but I'd use BLO........But I'd CLEAN the wood first with Murphy's Oil Soap.

Tom

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
i use pure real tung oil, not the one from the lowes and such places with varnish in it, it is not real tung oil. you can get the real one from on line at (the real milk paint store) it makes wood pop. BLO will turn the wood almost black in time, not good.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow....lots of choices here thank you. I have tung oil, watco wood finish, murphys oil soap already at the house. I may run up to the hardware store 5 minutes away and look for some howards or BLO. The wood isnt dirty just needs fed a little I believe.

pictures in new thread later this afternoon.

·
Registered
250 Posts
OK, most of the time I can figure out the acronyms! Forgive my ignorance but what is BLO? Thanks is advance for the lesson.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Boiled Linseed Oil
Thanks for clearing that up. For awhile I thought I was having a 70's flashback and Bachman Turner Overdrive had joined Electric Light Orchestra. BTO + ELO = BLO!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.