Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a recommended gunsmith to service my 1970 model 39 and to look at my old model 1893/1892 rifles. Somewhere between Orange County, San Bernardino, and Pasadena would be easiest for me to get to.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't know of any gunsmiths in California, but my mind began to wander after reading "gunsmith" and "California" in the same sentence. I guess such a concept is so unimaginable that I had never considered it before. I wonder what California gunsmiths must endure from Big Government? I would not be surprised to learn it's a tough racket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the useful tips! I didn't think I would get so much good information so fast. Best regards, Brian.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another vote for Bain and Davis in San Gabriel. Actually saw this post and was looking for a place to take an old shotgun and an old 99M1 my dad had passed down to me. It was close so I stopped by. Really nice guys, small little place, it's kind of easy to miss. I'd driven by there many times and never even noticed it. I was missing the rod ejector assy under the barrel and could never find one, and one of the guys, Paul? goes back and comes back with one he just happened to have laying around and gave me the price that it would have cost on Numerich's. Very cool guys, highly recommend if you're still looking.

NH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts