Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folk's
My pet 780 was involved in an accident a few weeks back and the stock is damaged pretty bad.

Have tried gun parts, no luck.

Any one know where I can find a nice original stock for a '72 vintage marlin 780?

Will pay fair price.

Thank you,
Henry t

·
Registered
26 Posts
man alive henryt. whats the deal. none of your great 39a owners are willin to help ya out on you little project. thats just terrible. all of us model 60 collectors help each other out on our projects wether thit is a 60 or not. i guess that just shows the caricter of 39a owners.

·
Registered
26 Posts
wow, this is terrible still no replies with any ideas of were to find a stock. i wish i could tell ya were to find one but all i got is 60's so i cant help. but i think i got a lead on a 60 with a squirrel stamped in the pistol grip.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would suggest calling Marlin.

Besides asking them where you can get what you descibed, ask them if the 880 stock will fit your 780. They have 3 different ones on the web site.

Other than that, try Numrich.

Good luck,

Wannabe

·
Registered
104 Posts
What happened?

Is your 780 stock beyond repair? What damage did it take?

Considering the 780 stock is held in place by only one bolt, one can do considerable work on the stock and still have it work. However, if you want it to look and handle as original, I can understand replacement.

If you ever find a replacement, let me know what you are planning on doing with the damaged stock. I have a 780 and would like a 'beater' stock for it! Thanks!

BTW, I just looked at a Model 20 and I wonder if it would be the same stock?!?!

·
Registered
26 Posts
you are still workin on this henryt? go on down to wallys and do what ive keep tellin all of you, buy a 60.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plainsman,
The gleinfeild 20, Marlin 25, and the marlin 780 are the same basic rifles. The stocks will interchange.

I have repaired my 780 stock but it is not perfect. If I can find a nice original stock at a fair price I'm going to buy it. I'll keep my damaged stock for hard times.

Henry t

1 - 11 of 11 Posts