Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Need replacement butt plate for my '53 39A (#21)

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Goldtrigger 
#1 ·
Butt plate was cracked for a bit and finally gave up and I'm having trouble finding a replacement. Back side is numbered 21 39445. I reached out Bob from Bob's Gun Shop and he didn't know where to find one. I only seem to see #6's in reproduction. Numrich seems to have a few listed but I'm not sure what 39 model (A/AS/M) corresponds to which number butt plate. I'll get some more stock measurements when I have time tomorrow, I know it's roughly 1.65" across with 2.75" hole centers.

Thanks in advance.

Green Turquoise Pattern Dress shirt Turquoise

See less See more
#3 ·
NC Ordnance Inc. PO Box 3254 Wilson, NC 27895 Phone # (252)237-2440 I have one coming now for a 39 Carbine. Also put one on a 39A-DL. Minor fitting but it was close from the start. www.gungrip.com
Are these the ones? I tried printing their line drawing and laying my cap over it and it looked like the holes were wider than 2.75", more than likely my printer just scaled it incorrectly. I'll measure my stock with some verniers tomorrow and double check. Thanks for the link.

#6 ·
Took some measurements, the #21 is roughly 1-5/8" x 4-5/8" with 2-3/4" hole spacing. The NC Ordnance one is a little short and the holes are too wide, I asked if they have anything that might be similar that I could shape myself.. The hunt continues.

#5 ·
If it's like a 336 there are infinite sizes of the original. I got one for my waffle top and had to shape and size it about 1/4" off all the way around.

#8 ·
Just wanted to give an update, I reached out on the Numrich forums to try and source a replacement. Supposedly they have a matching size plate in inventory that was simply unlisted on their store page. I figured I'd take a chance for $25 shipped. Will be sure to update when it arrives. Thanks all for the help, this has been a PITA, hoping my search is over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.