Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
My father in law has been gravely ill this week from a horrible bout with pneumonia. it has progressed to congestive heart failure and prognosis is not good. I was able to spend a few hours with him yesterday and say my goodbyes. I love him like a brother and it is sad but he has had an 81-year run. He has a lot to be proud of, a Vietnam Navy veteran, good family and is right with the Lord.

In our discussion yesterday we talked about changing our prayers from recovery to asking the lord to let him come home. Very sad but heartfelt discussion. I am happy I was able to have this good bye session as it seemed helpful to both. He is scared and I tried to comfort him in his fear by letting him know the Lord would be by his side.

Please keep my FIL in your prayers.

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
Geoff---sent prayers to the Big Guy Upstairs for you, your FIL, and the entire family. My God Bless him and prepare him for the next life...…..

Reactions: mrguvna and JACKTW

·
Administrator
30,723 Posts
Prayers sent for you and your family to find comfort and peace and for the lord to be with your FIL.

Jack

Reactions: mrguvna

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
It's comforting to know you'll get to see him again one day, but watching a friend/family member suffer is hard. Prayers that he is not in any pain, and that the family will have strength and comfort when the time comes. God Bless.

Reactions: mrguvna and Ret_Eng

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
the most comforting thing is that he knows the lord. I will be praying for the family,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
Prayers and good wishes from Central NY !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.