Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, gentlemen,

I'm new to the forum and am seeking expertise on an old Ranger 36 22cal bolt-action rifle I recently picked up from a friend. By what I've found, it seems these rifles are pre-WWII, 1934-1939, were sold by Sears and manufactured by Marlin [essentially, Marlin 80s]. However, the rifle I have is missing the rear sight [obviously had a scope mounted at one time]. I need info on where I might acquire 7, or preferably 10-round clips [w/metal followers], a rear sight, and what type of scope I should consider, if any.

Any info or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just joined the forum myself and noticed your question. I have a Ranger 36 as well but I think there are at least 2 versions. As far as the magazine goes, the available anywhere magazine for the Marlin 25 fits mine just fine. I have a 25 and got the 36 w/o mag. I found with slight modification it fits fine, meaning the gun is worn enough that it locks. I remember my dad talking about how the mags are slightly different where they lock. Should be simple enough to setup on yours.
As far as sights go, I would think the dovetail in the barrel is standard and most any rear sight will work. I can get you pics of mine if you need. I took the one off my Marlin 25 and it looks like it will fit the Ranger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts