Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to buy new brass for my .44 mag. 1894. Is one brand better or is it what ever works best in your gun? All my loads have been developed using Remington cases but I don't mind doing it over again if there is a better brand. Thank you for any info.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree Starline is the way to go, better Q/C, thicker brass and lower price. Midway carries Starline at a good price.

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
I recently added to my brass inventory, but I wanted something with a different headstamp, so I tried some stuff Midway had called "Top Brass." Quality seems to be on a par with most others, and the price was right. I don't know who makes it, or where, but so far I'm right well pleased with it. I've used Remington brass since I started shooting 44's, and some lots have been a little soft. But the Starline stuff is also very good, and can be had at a reasonable price as well. Hope this helps, rather than just adding to the confusion, like I usually do! :roll:

PJ

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I like the Starline too. Some of mine has at least 4 reloads on it.

I"ve had good luck with R-P and Winchester too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
One more thing about Starline brass....... You can order direct from Starline and IIRC the shipping is included and ends up being the best price.

Scharch sells their own label brass these days. I haven't tried this particular brass, but have bought from them in the past and they have superb customer service.

I have some old Midway stamped brass I ordered some 25 years ago and it is still going after all of these years. As long as you shoot reasonable loads and inspect the brass it will last quite a while.
Regards,
Rich

·
Registered
360 Posts
bsn said:
I agree Starline is the way to go, better Q/C, thicker brass and lower price. Midway carries Starline at a good price.
I could not agree more. Starline Brass from Midway :lol:

G

·
I use Winchester first in anything I can get it for. Now with that said I also use a good amount of Remington , Hornady and some Starline and Federal.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Starline far outshines "any other" pistol brass in my opinion. You get match grade, very tough, long lasting brass at bargain basement prices.

By the way, don't buy Starline brass from the mail order places. You can get it cheaper from Starline, and shipping is free. :shock: :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts