Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
Was a time when the 12 and 14 year olds cooked, cleaned, and watched their younger sisters and brothers. My girls did. Changed diapers, too.

What was the big deal with a 14 year old home alone?

·
Super Moderator
36,503 Posts
Heck! At 12 years old I was driving from Avery Island to where mom lives now to milk the cows, pick the egg's and put hay out for the cows to have something to eat. Going back home I was dropping off half the milk and eggs to a black family, once home I took a quick bath and high tailed it to school! My dad worked side by side with the daddy of that black family. It chaps my tail when the ignorant left talk racism!

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
Well, we can all read the available court documents and determine for ourselves (albeit the plaintiff's side for now) what if any punitive damages are reasonable. One opinion, as in mine? The cops won't pay anything.

The established conditions under which the children were left at home were finally determined legal, those conditions meeting the specific Texas guidelines ......in the criminal trial.

So, the problem ..............It had to be determined in a criminal trial.

Department of Child Protection walked away once they found the Vallejo's and other parties involved to satisfy the Texas criteria and agree to monitor/be available for the children. That's their stake in the deal, the children's welfare, not if any laws had been broken .....that's for the cops.

The girl first tells the cops one thing, the Vallejo's another. Miniscule detail to be sure, but why not tell the truth?

If you are the LEO that becomes involved with any child protection issue, you now own it.

So back to the problem. McMurry comes back from her trip and she won't let the cop finish his open case. Won't answer the phone (hangs up) emails, nothing .......repeatedly. So, the cop files a complaint, apparently, a Judge and a DA agreed.

So after you have made matters worse, why the lawsuit?

It is because you can after such a mess. Simply claim the cops abused/terrorized you child, went through your belongings without a search warrant. Wrong, they entered with permission. Then, standard procedure in any child abuse/abandonment investigation, look in the kitchen cabinets, refrigerator etc.

Claim you can't sleep anymore, your children are a mess, their grades have suffered, blah, blah, blah. (each blah is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars)

Note: In my opinion, were the cops genesis here, crack investigators? Probably not.

But, a big new house, cars, a new boat and college for the kids? ................Nope, not this time.

But the next time, when you are a subject in an LE investigation .................at least have a lawyer answer the phone.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Why a criminal trial? Why charge the mom? Why keep her locked up 19 hours? Why search the house? Why not call the parents? The DA and cops doubled down on illegal and unethical behavior, against the advice of child welfare.
Answer the cops questions? Screw them, love how cops are allowed and encouraged to lie, and expect us to answer them. And when someone stands up for their rights, they must be punished. Our cop on site himself had admitted that they come down hard on those who refuse to answer. And thats what this was, punishment for not groveling for the cops. Unfortunately for them a Judge still has a sense of decency and is holding the true abusers responsible.
Keep your hands off our kids!

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
Except the majority of the children sexually molested, starved, beaten, strangled to death, occurs in their own homes .............

Yah ............leave our kids alone, I agree.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The fourth was broke and she was exercising her fith and yes the police will escalate,lie, make up charges just to get their way because they let their egos get in the way.

Your going to do as I say and that’s that. I don’t give two shakes of a squirrels tale if you think I can or not.

Authoritarian bullies are what the police have become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I hope those cops lose everything they have ever worked for. They deserve it. Oh yeah, that's right obey, submit give up all your rights because someone with a badge tells you. @$%& *[email protected]#. They overstepped and continued to push the issue just to make a point and intimidate this family. They already had enough witnesses to know what happened. This is why people are turning on police. Why can't others see why citizens have a defund the police movement in this country. LEOs should always be held to a higher standard!!! They are supposed to be the ones of reason and order and able to control tough situations.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The fourth was broke and she was exercising her fith and yes the police will escalate,lie, make up charges just to get their way because they let their egos get in the way.

Your going to do as I say and that’s that. I don’t give two shakes of a squirrels tale if you think I can or not.

Authoritarian bullies are what the police have become.

I totally disagree with you! The vast majority of police officers are good honest hard working people whom on any day other than work days you cant tell them from another person. Sure there are some bad cops. We hear about them all the time. On mainstream media, need i say more? Or do you believe mainstream media?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,891 Posts
Either very poor training or the Looney Blue Liberals are taking over in Texas. I hope it is not the latter.

Reactions: JMAG54

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
I worked with fellow officers, that had the opinion, that they were the law. To them, it was Damn someone’s Constitutional rights, as long as they felt they were in the right to do what they wanted, in terms of search and seizure.
Stupidity runs in all professions. These two school resource officers, are no exception.
Andrew

·
Registered
237 Posts
I worked with fellow officers, that had the opinion, that they were the law. To them, it was Damn someone’s Constitutional rights, as long as they felt they were in the right to do what they wanted, in terms of search and seizure.
Stupidity runs in all professions. These two school resource officers, are no exception.
Andrew
Exactly. This attitude runs rampant in the police forces through out the United States. Witnessed many times.

I quit watching the show cops because I got tired of seeing them trample on peoples rights and escalate everything just to justify an arrest.
If anyone that stood up for their rights tried anything they would make up charges just to get their way by threat of arrest.

I didn’t say all were bad or everyone was innocent. If you watch cops you’ll see the police cross the line regularly.

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
Exactly. This attitude runs rampant in the police forces through out the United States. Witnessed many times.

I quit watching the show cops because I got tired of seeing them trample on peoples rights and escalate everything just to justify an arrest.
If anyone that stood up for their rights tried anything they would make up charges just to get their way by threat of arrest.

I didn’t say all were bad or everyone was innocent. If you watch cops you’ll see the police cross the line regularly.

I see this on the show “North woods Law.” Conservation officers acting as if they are the law of the land. Most of the contacts they seem to have with people, would be shut down, if people would just stand up for their rights and tell them to take a hike.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
.........remember, there was a DA filing the case and a Judge signing the arrest warrant. There is a lot more to this.
The judge is only aware of the facts, if any, that the DA submitted and the DA is only aware of the facts, if any, that the officers reports stated.
I have seen DAs that were out to only make a name for themselves. They were not interested in right or wrong. A perfect example is the charges against Kyle Rittenhouse, in Kenosha Wisconsin. Many different videos of the actual shooting from various angles, all show Rittenhouse, trying to move away from his attackers, being attacked and shooting his attackers. One attacker even had a sidearm in his hand when he was shot. The DA filing the charges has seen These videos and is still pursuing a conviction in court, not out of justice, but out of politics.
Andrew

·
Registered
842 Posts
There's an old saying that a prosecutor can get an indictment on a ham sandwich.
For an arrest warrant, you don't even need the ham.

Both instruments are obtained based upon only one side of any evidence (such as there may, or may not be)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts