Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about restocking my 375S with a checkered stock, but I have no idea which stock (if any) would be a direct fit off another current production rifle. I've found stock sets for the 336, 444, and 45-70 that are factory take-offs, but anyone know which would fit?

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there edelsite -- You just need to go straight for straight and pistol grip for pistol grip. The modern stocks, prior to 2008 or so, are interchangeable. Hope this helps. If you rifle is a straight gripper version, I have a checkered stock I'd trade for a smooth. Let me know and I'll send you a pix. Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a pistol grip stock so unfortunately it won't fit. I was told that the buttstock will fit interchangeably, but the forearm has to be the correct size for the mag tube. Anyone know if that's true? If so, is the mag tube on the 336 or the 444 closer to the 375?

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey again edelsite -- Mag tube diameter and length of fore stock both come into play. I've not had to much experience with 444's but the 336's should play well if the length is correct. Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
762 Posts
This is a pistol grip stock so unfortunately it won't fit. I was told that the buttstock will fit interchangeably, but the forearm has to be the correct size for the mag tube. Anyone know if that's true? If so, is the mag tube on the 336 or the 444 closer to the 375?
edelsite,
Numrich has (they indicate) the following butt if you don't need a pad:
Stock, Walnut, PG, Dlx Checkering, Curved Marlin Safety Buttplate w/o Bullseye Gun Parts | 1136840 | Numrich Gun Parts
Should fit, even tho is was for a .22. I have one and fits any of my 336's w/PG. Price seems quite reasonable and member swany has used them before, if I recall. Kind of a "classic" look to it.
Other question...since the case head size of .375 is the same as 30-30, I would assume magazine tube diameter is the same (444 & 45-70 would be larger, I would think.)
Best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts