Marlin Firearms Forum banner

need info on marlin model 25

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mojo^ 
#1 ·
hi all im new to this forum, and need some info on the marlin model 25, what kind of accuracy could i expect from it? :)

#3 ·
Bent Barell

I have a 25 MNC and have had pretty good success with it...It's no Anschutz but it pastes some pretty tight groups out to 75 then about sub 2" at 100....Recorded a 3/8 inch 5 shot group at 75yds off bench with Rem.Premiers (VMAX)...great rabbit gun...a bit much on squirrels. This gun loves PMC predators(PSP's) out to no more than 75 yards....Stay away from the hyper velocity stuff...barrel can't stabilize the stuff(CCI+V's)...stick with the slower stuff but if you have to go fast stick with Vmax or Winchester Supremes......ps..keep the barrel CLEAN especially the chamber aea as this gun is prone to having spent cases stick...in mine anyways......hope that helps

#4 ·
I will have to echo what churhill said exactly. Please note in case you didnt know that the 25MNC is the clip fed 22 WMR not the 22 LR. I too have the 22 Mag. It will hit tennis balls consistantly at 100 yds except w/ the CCI Vmax. Regular CCI hollow points will deliver groups that almost fit under a quarter if I get lucky at 100yds. It is the most fun to shoot of any rifle I own. The Mag has no recoil and enough power to reach 100yds and be deadly on small varmints. IMHO its no coyote killer but it is a lot of fun. I got mine used w/scope for $100 bucks. It needed trigger work though, a pretty common problem, otherwise they are great Bang for the buck-my opinion. You might try looking up Andrew on this forum he appears to have had a lot of experience w/ this round and rifle if I remember correctly CL

#5 ·
I will have to echo what churhill said exactly. Please note in case you didnt know that the 25MNC is the clip fed 22 WMR not the 22 LR. I too have the 22 Mag. It will hit tennis balls consistantly at 100 yds except w/ the CCI Vmax. Regular CCI hollow points will deliver groups that almost fit under a quarter if I get lucky at 100yds. It is the most fun to shoot of any rifle I own. The Mag has no recoil and enough power to reach 100yds and be deadly on small varmints. IMHO its no coyote killer but it is a lot of fun. I got mine used w/scope for $100 bucks. It needed trigger work though, a pretty common problem, otherwise they are great Bang for the buck-my opinion. You might try looking up Andrew on this forum he appears to have had a lot of experience w/ this round and rifle if I remember correctly CL

#6 ·
The Marlin 25 is a fine bolt action rifle, for the money. If it had a better trigger, it would be a great rifle for the money. Mine is the magnum version and even with the stiff trigger, it can be counted on to punch the heck out of 1 inch bull's-eyes at better than 100 yards.

#7 ·
Ditto on what everyone else has said. I've got a 25MN in the .22 mag. and it'll consistently hold quarter sized groups at 100 yds. Tons of fun to shoot and not all that expensive unlike some of my other Marlins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.