Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy a Marlin model 989 semiautomatic .22 in very good condition. This is NOT the 989M2 carbine. From my research, less than 25,000 of these were ever produced. Are these rifles desirable for collectors? Are they reliabel? What would be a fair price?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Anything below $150 would be a good buying price. Some sellers who aren't in a hurry will start at $200+. I paid $200 for a M2 to pair up with my 99M1 at $150. That 989 while being rather scarce, which is about like mine in that they are desirable and collectable but not a 401K substitute.

Reactions: 1Sierraguy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the asking price happens to be exactly $150.00. It includes 3 mags. Sounds like this is not too bad a deal. Might have to act on it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'd goferit. The price is right and it has real walnut. Birch on the 60's is a turn off for me, plus everybody and their brother has a 60. Reading on here from others that own a 989 brag on its accuracy once they settle on a good ammo which groups. If you pop for it, why not post a photo or two and a range report. I took my M1 and M2 for some range time today along with others. Even though cold and breezy and having only their factory open sights, I still had a great time having them go bang and not too worried that the groups weren't the best.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I have he 989M2 and love it!
Fun ,just plane old fun..
$150.00 go for it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts