Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to purchase this rifle but I can't seem to pin down what it's worth. Can anyone tell me what model it is? The barrel is stamped "The Marlin Firearms Corporation New Haven, Conn. U.S.A. -Patented-", no model number present. It is chambered for .22 S-L-LR.

My fascination with Marlin rifles is a recent development, so I am by far not an expert. I have seen quite a few, though, and own a couple of Model 80's. I have never seen a Marlin with finger grooves like this. The knob at the end of the forestock is also new to me. I have a feeling that the stock is not an original match to the rest of the gun, but as I said, I am still pretty green.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-tomato

Full length.JPG

Bolt action.JPG

Barrell stamp.JPG

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
No Problem, im glad it helped. I saw that post awhile back and got to thinkin i might "need" one of those....:biggrin: Now i just cant seem to find one... Are you buying the one you found? Im not tryin to buy it out from under you, just would like to know how it shoots, functions etc so i know how i would like it.

BG4570

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't get a chance to check the function, somebody wanted it a little more than me at auction. If I run across another I'll split it with you. :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
So what did the buyer have to pay? Just wondering in comparison to other brand name older singleshots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It went for $165. I was bidding online, just too rich for me when you add an arm for internet bids plus the leg for shipping/transfer. It was an uncommon model in good shape but it was still probably a good pass considering the person paid 25%+ less than I would have by buying it onsite. I'll keep my eye out, though, that model has an interesting look and is different from the rest of what I have. Until then I will try not to think about the lucky stiff who is holding close and whispering sweet nothings to that Model 65 haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts