Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the lever comes out easy enough. But how do I change that spring thing? It looks like I need to tap out that pin. I tried to use a small nail but it didn't work.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
spring thing ? You mean the finger lever plunger thats on the lever its self? Never had to remove mine but a good set of drive pin punches are worth their weight in gold in these situations.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Every thing comes out the ejection port side of a Marlin

TO remove the lever spring, have some one push in on the plunger while you tap out the pin.
Go to Ace Hardware and purchase the #1 spring on their spring display board. Cut it to the same length as the factory pin and you will be home free. Spring should cost less than a buck.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
AWFUL CLOSE said:
Every thing comes out the ejection port side of a Marlin

TO remove the lever spring, have some one push in on the plunger while you tap out the pin.
Go to Ace Hardware and purchase the #1 spring on their spring display board. Cut it to the same length as the factory pin and you will be home free. Spring should cost less than a buck.
Right. The plunger has a little "shelf" in it that rides on the pin. You need to take tension off the pin to be able to drive it out easily. Unless you have 3 or 4 hands, it's best to get someone to help you, or use a C-clamp. Get a punch the right size, because a nail will definitely booger up the end, and then the pin will be useless. Don't ask me how I know this. ;D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it all sone. The lever is perfect no slop.
Now I'm going to have to take it apart to have it ceracoated. It's a stainless lever on a glued gun

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Never seen a Marlin glue gun. ;D

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I wont tell but keep it quiet, anybody can view the board & I'd hate for you to get in trouble. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Marlin Glued guns are famous.

When hunting, one shot sticks it right there.

Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts