Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Lady came home from a visit with her 90 year old dad and he insisted she bring this with her...

All I know is what you can see on the label, Nickel Model 733...

Can you tell me if I can find the age of this pistol? Serial # is AS18XXX...

100_3528.JPG 100_3529.JPG

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I had one very similar to that in .22 LR, 9 shot. Yours is, of course, a .32 S&W. Mine was a solid little gun, utterly reliable. Trigger was heavier on double action than a Smith, but single action was not bad. I foolishly traded mine, and wish I'd kept it.

It'll do what you want it to do as a utility handgun, and you don't need to worry about hurting it, as you would a Smith or a Colt. And it's a very nice keepsake.

Reactions: Scorpiusb

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
My Lady came home from a visit with her 90 year old dad and he insisted she bring this with her...

All I know is what you can see on the label, Nickel Model 733...

Can you tell me if I can find the age of this pistol? Serial # is AS18XXX...
View attachment 645410 View attachment 645418
The AS serial number denotes a 1978 mfr date, its a model 733 Guardsman, Second Model, 2nd Variation that was made 1975-81 according to Goforth's book.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The AS serial number denotes a 1978 mfr date, its a model 733 Guardsman, Second Model, 2nd Variation that was made 1975-81 according to Goforth's book.

Tim
Many, many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OP, I'm sure you know your pistol is chambered 32 S&W Long. There is also a 32 S&W. Just thought I'd add that in case you didn't.
Saw 32 S&WL on the barrel so that is what I went looking for... After we got back from the LGS she pulls out a baggie of ammo. I could have taken a pic just like yours... Her daddy had the shorts for it...

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts