Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for another edc knife. Based on some stupid German regulations it has to meet some requirements.

I am looking for a fixed tanto style blade, blade length max 4.7 inches. Two sided sharpening and dagger style are illegal to carry.

I would appreciate coated blades and G10 or carbon style handles, a kydex sheath would be essential.

My current edc is a Zero Tolerance 0121

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I was gonna recommend the ESEE Knives I have the RAT-3 but they don't have a tanto styled blade it doesn't have a two sided sharpening blade and it isn't dagger style but it does have the coated blade and you can get it in just about any length you want and just about all of them have a kydex sheath!!!

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Here fixed blades are not legal, and folders are, what a freakin crazy world run by liberals we live in.

Cold steel's mini tanto or Cobin tanto might be what your looking for

Reactions: Cajun

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
ESEE seems to be very nice knives, never heard of them before.
Go to their website and check them out I think you will like them they are some tough knives!!!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
another Esee from me as well. Izula s a small fixed blade that fits edc. Esee 3 is on my list.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Perhaps Greg Medford at medfordknives.com might have something that works for you. I believe most fixed blades can be had with NP3 coating, G10 handles and come with kydex sheaths.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just bought a ESEE 4S MB DT.

I am still looking for a sharpening kit, any experience with the Spyderco Triangle ?
Good choice, no experience with that sharpener, but I do have the Lansky system and Smiths Arkansas tri stone and both are great. I prefer the Lansky for absolute simplicity.

Reactions: Catherine

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
EDC sheath knife? Really? OK. I never thought about it. Might consider a Swedish Mora blade for EDC. functional, small, sharp, hard sheath, light weight.
I'm going to second this one. The cut of a Mora is more like a fillet or skinning knife than a broad bladed working/combat knife. But it's a great blade for many different jobs and just the thing I would want (and have) stashed around the working and living areas. For the cost, you can get 5 to 6 of these for the price of a standard straight blade, with quality that is on-par with the big boys.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I spend a couple of weeks most summers in Alaska with my brothers fishing on Prince William Sound and carry a Mora SS blade every day. I use it for my everyday needs... everything from bleeding a salmon to cutting my steak at dinner time. Extremely sharp and durable blade. Love the hard case and light weight. It's also very inexpensive so if I lose it or break it I'm not out an expensive knife. I also like to bring an inexpensive knife because I'm afraid the baggage inspectors/handles might steal it. I keep a folder clipped to my pocket most of the time too. It's a Byrd, Caracara knife. Also a great knife but doesn't cost a ton of money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts