Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :D :D
ok, what takes 4 years to get, a few hundred dollars of investment, even writing the patent office in washington, and involvement of many friends get you?
name this part!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Aha! This is the critical component of Mrs Kaintuck's gun web site/ smut site ( :shock: ) blocker! Hidden beneath the keyboard, if certain command strings are typed in, a serious shock will be administered!!

The only way he was able to avoid this ingenious device was to take up his new hobbies of window washing, dish scrubbing, litter box dunging out and taking wifey shopping for curtains, etc!

Don't have that apron monogrammed yet, kaintuck! We'll figure a way to spring ya!! :wink: SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Is that a thingamajingy for a 1959 Edsel? Or is that a whatchamacallit for a Stevens 87? :wink:
me and Hogger aren't playing, cause we have inside information! :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
OOH, OOH, I know too and I saw it before you. Can I answer?

OK I want tell what it is. But I will tell you that if the feller what made this here doodad was as foul mouthed as me, he'd still be cussin' the day I brought mine in his house. He might be anyway.

I don't think I got an answer when I asked Kaintuck; If it don't work for you do I get it, 'cause I know it'll work for me. You know, I might need a spare. And I ain't too sure I could get the man to make another one. However, I'm REAL sure if he does make another one, it'll cost more.

C.S.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
happiness!

happiness is a lifter for my 1888 44-40!..... :wink:

now all i got to do is get the time (maybe friday) to put it in the rifle!
i got the spring made and fit......sooo...... :p

vall has listened to me whine about this part FOR YEARS......i bet he is happy i got it too!!!!!!!! :D :shock:

all i can say is: DON"T BREAK YOURS!.....and i have a aluminum copy if anybody is interested, along with some slightly usable dimensions.... :idea:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I think the first email I got from Kaintuck was asking if I knew where he might get a carrier for a 1888 Marlin! :shock:
I always feel bad when someone asks me where to find something like that, because I usually have nothing but bad news.
There's a good idea for a topic. "What are the toughest parts to find for old Marlins?" I could start with a few that have stumped me, and others who have asked for rare parts!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts